Ryzen 3 1200
MSI B350 PC Mate
2 x 4 GB Patriot Signature DDR4 RAM 2400 MHz

The other parts of my computer I have had since 2014:
XFX TS 550 (Bronze)
ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GB
PNY 120 GB SSD
Seagate 1 TB HDD

I installed and have been running Windows 7 more or less without issue, until recently.

Basically, the problem now is that the computer won't post. Mobo lights come on, EZ debug light for CPU shines for a second or two and then goes off. When it's on, it seems like the fans spins faster, but when it goes off, they seem to slow to a more normal speed.

HDD light on the case turns on and shines constantly, but I tried the SSD in another computer and it works fine.

Unplugged everything apart from the CPU and the CPU and RAM EZ debug lights shine permanently. Inserting the RAM makes the CPU light do what I said above. The GPU light doesn't shine at all whether the GPU is in or out, but the GPU fans spin. Even the light that is supposed to show if there isn't a GPU plugged in doesn't light up when the GPU is not in.

For a brief history on the problems that led up to this ultimate problem, see below:

A couple weeks ago now, I experienced a pink screen while gaming. Upon rebooting, the computer didn't load Windows, but would get into Safe Mode fine. Overtime, I was able to get it to boot into Windows. Playing FIFA 14 worked fine, even playing World of Tanks for a short period worked fine. But whenever I played World of Tanks for a couple hours, it would give me the same problem.
Around this time I noticed that the GPU light on the EZ debug panel would shine for 3-4 seconds just before the MSI screen would come up.
At one point after having the pink screen, I had to uninstall the GPU drivers in Safe Mode to get it to boot into Windows. After that, I was able to open up most programmes: Word, Notepad, etc., but any time I would run programmes like VLC, Vegas, etc., it would give me the pink screen. When it did, though, I was always able to boot right back into Windows.
Strangely, after updating Kaspersky, all the programmes started working without issue.
It was around this time that I noticed that the CPU light on the EZ debug panel would shine for a second or so as soon as I pressed the power switch. It would then go off and the GPU one would come on a little later. I don't know if it had done this before and I didn't notice or if it just started then.
On Saturday I was able to run Sonar and Vegas and do some recording, etc.
Reading up some threads about the CPU light shining, I reseated the RAM and GPU, but it didn't change. However, when I removed the RAM from the DIMMB2 slot, the RAM light on the EZ debug panel lit up. When placed the module from the DIMMA2 slot with the one from the DIMMB2 slot, it didn't shine, so I ran it with only one module.
When the computer started, it went into the BIOS and said something along the lines of settings being changed or something like that. I just loaded the default settings and it started fine. I restarted the computer a couple times to test stability, ran some tests, and it all showed up fine.
I also installed GPU-Z to monitor my GPU since GPU Tweak seemed to be doing a poor job of it.
Saturday evening I played World of Tanks (dialing down the settings) for a couple hours while monitoring GPU-Z. And then I had the infamous pink screen.
The highest temp the GPU had gotten to was 75 degrees. CPU didn't exceed 55 degrees. VRAM went to around 1.3 GB when under load. The GPU was running at PCI-E x 8. Generally, though, it seemed to be working fine. I had checked GPU-Z more or less between every game I played, and I'm pretty sure I did before the game that I had the problem in too.
I removed the GPU and put in my old GPU (it's faulty, but usually at least displayed a very low resolution image with colour artifacts, but still it didn't post. I tried the other PCI-E slot, but still nothing. I removed the CMOS battery, but still nada.

Other threads that explain the issues as I had them:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3753605/windows-startup-performance-issue.html#21182537
and:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3759959/problem-7770-windows.html#21209501

I'm sorry that this was long. I wanted to provide enough information, but maybe it's too much.
Thanks in advance for any ideas you have to give me.

Palador

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
The only friend I know who has a GPU is not in the country at present.
I could try testing the GPUs in a computer at work (they won't mind so long as I don't damage their PC), but in order to do that I would need to use my PSU.
Having said that, there's basically no chance that the PSU is the problem and that it could ruin another system, right?

Palador

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
No. It's not. It stays on until I long press the power button. I'll check the GPU later today.

Update: I tried the two GPUs in the office PC:
HP Pro 3500 series

My old 8800GT displayed the picture in its horrible resolution with graphical artifacts (It stopped working properly 4+ years ago.
The HD 7770 however didn't show up at all. The fans spin and the light is on, but it gives no output. When I plugged the monitor back into the onboard graphics port, I checked the device manager for the HD 7770 or any other display device apart from the onboard graphics and there was nothing whatsoever. No sign that a device was plugged into the PCI-E slot.

On the MSI B350 PC Mate, neither GPUs had given any output whatsoever, but maybe I'll try them both again to confirm.

Update 18/08/2018:
Okay. After doing that, I decided to try reassembling my PC with the 8800GT and trying again. I cleared the CMOS with the jumper (before I had only done it by removing the battery), and this time the PC posted. I then thought that it must be the GPU that's the problem, so I tried again with the HD7770 and it posted too. The CPU light on the mother board still came on for a couple seconds in the beginning and the GPU one showed up for several second too, but it did post.

I entered Windows and rebooted a few times to check stability. I checked some things out on the PC and it seemed to be running stably. I played some FIFA and again nothing to write home about. I turned off my computer and remembered that I needed to edit one file. So I turned it on again, and this time the CPU light is on solid red and it, won't post. I tried turning it on again this morning, and its the same story.

By the way, when I successful booted the computer the first time yesterday. An error code message came up for why the PC failed last time and it was BCCode 117.

Palador

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014

Based on my last post, do you still think it's the motherboard at fault?
It seems odd to me that it would suddenly work again and then suddenly stop working.

Palador

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
Yeah, but that was a while back when the PC and even entering Safe Mode without a problem. It only had a problem getting into Windows. When I did manage to log in to Windows I uninstalled the drivers and deleted the AMD folder in C. Didn't really seem to solve the issue then.

Oh, are you talking about the 8800GT drivers?
I never actually installed them on this PC. I just used it that one time to see if I could POST with it.
I was able to get to the POST, but I had the PC basically breadboarded and didn't have a mouse or keyboard inside to do anything.
I shut it down then and got to POST with the HD7770. It worked fine even after restarting a few times. However, after actually shutting down, it now fails to enter the POST at all.

Palador

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
Okay. So I tried it once or twice this evening already and it didn't work and then I check it again and suddenly, ping, it POSTs and gets into Windows without a problem. I Generated a System Health Report and it came back with no issues. Did a few more tests and things. Didn't really notice any issues. I restarted and then it again gets stuck on the POST/fails to POST. Same story as before.
Really odd that it would suddenly start working out of the blue. Just seems so random.