MSI B350M mortar dual channel failure

Jan 25, 2019
Hello! I have a problem with the motherboard B350M mortar.

A friend of mine purchased a single dimm of ram (Corsair value select 8GB 2400) when he first build his pc and now he wanted to expand the ram to 16GB so he purchased another identical dimm.

The problem is when I put the dimm’s in the slots that the moba manual suggests to work in dual channel mode, when I enter the bios it recognizes only the 8GB. The other dimm is recognized but it is not added to the system ram. I made changes to the voltages of the dimm’s and northbridge but it doesn’t change something, on the contrary the pc doesn’t boot in some cases so I set the voltages to default. I also tried to downgrade the bios version but again nothing.

The ram dimm’s work normal when they are in a single channel and the system ram is 16GB as it should be.

What can I do to get them work in a dual channel??

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. A module sold as a Single has no guarantee to be compatible if used in any configuration other than as a Single module. Exact match, same thing, identical may raise the odds of them working together instead of using random modules.

Workarounds to get extra memory to work include:
lower memory clock speed
relax DRAM timings
increase DRAM voltage

Jan 25, 2019
Thank you to taking time to answer my thread. The modules are exactly the same that’s why I am worried if something else is wrong. Is there any chance that it is from the cpu that I cannot get the dual channel to work?? My friend told me that when he installed an AiO liquid cooler and he pulled out the stock freezer the cpu stuck in the stock freezer and fell to the Moba . Is there any chance that any pin of the cpu is bent?