[SOLVED] MSI B360M Bazooka Memory Compatibility?

Apr 29, 2022
I have a CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8060A5 Gaming PC and want to upgrade the RAM. I purchased the CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2PK x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 C16 DIMM. I checked compatibility with my MSI B360M Bazooka motherboard but once installed, computer won't boot. I tried placing in different memory slots, but nothing. I rebooted a few times, and also let the computer run for a while. The RAM has power, the lights on the RAM come on. Any suggestions as to what the issue might be, or recommendations for other memory options?

Solution
Hi Miitch (y)and Welcome to the Forum :)

To check for compatibility issues we need to know what Intel CPU your using?
Failure to boot can happen if your combining/mixing RAM kits due to minute variations in Latency.
Manufacturers warn of this and it's the reason Dimms are binned to ensure they are matched and compatible then put into a single kit.
Many think that they should be compatible if they have the same specs however NOT SO.
Best is to have a single kit the size you need that are supported by both CPU and MB and listed on the MB QVL. That way you know they are tested and known to work.

If it continues and you lack Overclocking experience then save yourself the frustration, return what you have and get a single kit (2x8).

If...
Hi Miitch (y)and Welcome to the Forum :)

To check for compatibility issues we need to know what Intel CPU your using?
Failure to boot can happen if your combining/mixing RAM kits due to minute variations in Latency.
Manufacturers warn of this and it's the reason Dimms are binned to ensure they are matched and compatible then put into a single kit.
Many think that they should be compatible if they have the same specs however NOT SO.
Best is to have a single kit the size you need that are supported by both CPU and MB and listed on the MB QVL. That way you know they are tested and known to work.

If it continues and you lack Overclocking experience then save yourself the frustration, return what you have and get a single kit (2x8).

If they are a single kit then manually set the XMP profile in Bios for a simple easy Overclock. You may have to adjust Dram Voltage or your Primary Timings to suit. Your SPD settings can be found in CPUz should you manage to boot into Windows.

It is also best to update your Bios and chipset and just use one Dimm inthe RAM slot meant for single channel mode to test initially.

Solution
Apr 29, 2022
Hi MeanMachine,

My computer has the Intel Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core. I purchased the the CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2PK x 8GB) kit and have not combined with the old ram or any other kits.

Thank you for your response, I will try out the other options to see if it will boot. I went back to reviews for my computer, and did see that others have successfully installed this ram kit.

Apr 29, 2022
Update - I have successfully installed and computer is running better than ever! I tried the suggestion on updating Bios and used one dimm in the ram slot, worked right away. Thank you!