[SOLVED] MSI B450-A Pro Max won't boot after bios update and cmos reset

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Hello everyone.
I added a gpu(RX580) to my pc a few weeks ago and for some reason i started having some weird problems. When any game was running and i had sound in my speakers, there was a constant static, but not on my earphones. I also started having weird connectivity problems especially with discord, experiencing delay and etc.
Since it makes no sense this was related to the gpu, i decided to check for updates in my motherboard page, and there was for the ethernet, audio and bios.

After updating the bios however, the pc wont boot. Just a black screen, and has the cpu debug light on (white light).
I tried removing the cmos battery, shorting the pins (i have no cap), removing components and putting them back in, but to no avail. It won't boot.

I've tried to use the flash bios button but with no different outcome. I download a bios file from the msi website and put it into a pendrive. After clicking the flash bios button, the led flashes 3 times and turns off. Supposedly meaning the flashing is over but still no boot, and the cpu debug light is still on.

I have no idea what to do next... i made this build in February so its pretty recent. Any ideas on what it could be? Everything was working perfectly fine, no signs of anything wrong besides the ones i listed above.

Build:
Motherboard - Msi B450 A Pro Max
PSU - Nox Hummer X600W 80 PLUS Bronze
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 2200g

Solution
What BIOS version were you on prior to the issue? Perhaps try and put that BIOS file on your pen drive to flash the BIOS to that version. Please follow the instructions outlined in page 40 of your motherboard manual while using the BIOS Flash button.

...for some reason i started having some weird problems.
^ that unit isn't exactly a reliably built unit. How old is the PSU? 10 months old.

For clearing CMOS, disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 mins, before replacing, reconnecting and trying to power up.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version were you on prior to the issue? Perhaps try and put that BIOS file on your pen drive to flash the BIOS to that version. Please follow the instructions outlined in page 40 of your motherboard manual while using the BIOS Flash button.

...for some reason i started having some weird problems.
^ that unit isn't exactly a reliably built unit. How old is the PSU? 10 months old.

For clearing CMOS, disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 mins, before replacing, reconnecting and trying to power up.

Solution
Sep 13, 2022
It's been a long time but I thought I would leave this for others... I had the exact same problem. I found by pressing CTRL-F5, at boot up, it would reboot the mobo into Flash-Mode. From there, I was able to load the latest version of BIOS from a USB stick. With the new bios loaded, the problem was resolved. FYI.