Question MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max & MSI Gungnir 100 compatibility

May 12, 2020
Greetings!

I am building a gaming PC and trying to connect case fans from MSI Gungnir 100 with MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max. As I can see, the connector on the cable from RGB-hub (that came with the PC case) is not compatible with any slot on the motherboard.

1) How can I connect RGB lightning on the case to my MSI Gaming Plus Max motherboard? How can I sync RGB lightning on the case with other components (e.g. graphics card)?
can an adapter like this one help:
https://www.amazon.com/DEEP-COOL-Convertor-Motherboard-Non-Compatible/dp/B07QPYSC82 ?

2) My reset cable from the reset button on the front panel is now connectet to RGB-hub. So my reset button doesnt work. How can I fix it, while maintaining it's ability to swtich LED modes?

3) I heard that the speed of the cooling fans can be automatically controlled from the motherboard depending on the temperatures inside the PC. Is it possible for my combo of MSI Gugnir 100 with MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max?

Last edited:
May 12, 2020
Some photos to help understand my issues:
-lP7kfnBn0M.jpg
dNE1fMUry0A.jpg

May 12, 2020
Ok, some answers to questions above from the MSI support
  1. "For MPG GUNGNIR 100, it has ARGB Fan, the AGRB fan needs to be connected to MSI's JRAINBOW connector. But this MB B450 GAMING PLUS MAX doesn't have such connector, you cannot use any adapter to connect it."
    — so it seems that fully functioned LED control is impossible with this motherboard, bc it lacks JRAINBOW connector
  2. The reset button can function either as reset or as LED style cycle (depending on when you connect the cable), but not both simultaneously.
  3. "If you connect the fans to MB's System Fan connector, you can enter BIOS->Hardware Monitor to control them. "
    — tested, it works