[SOLVED] msi B450 GAMING PLUS MAX RAM ISSUE

DaneeBeast

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Hi all,

I have an MSI B450 gaming plus max motherboard. I have installed 2x16gb ram (ddr4 3200mhz).
The bios sees both modules, but it also says that only 16 gb of ram available.

these are not the same type of module , one is corsair, the other one is crucial)

I had the same issue with the previous ram modules as well, but theye were completely identical : 2x8 gb crucial.
same thing happened with them . Bios could see both modules , but also said that only 8 gigs available.

I also checked bent pins on cpu, all fine. tested every ram slot one by one. all works.

when I installed all ram together ( 2x16, 2x8) that supposed to be 48 gb. system recognized all of them ,(for instance in hardwareinfo), but also said that only 24 gb available.

why is it halves all the time? any ide please?

Solution
Hi all,

I have an MSI B450 gaming plus max motherboard. I have installed 2x16gb ram (ddr4 3200mhz).

these are not the same type of module , one is corsair, the other one is crucial)

I had the same issue with the previous ram modules as well, but theye were completely identical : 2x8 gb crucial.
same thing happened with them . Bios could see both modules , but also said that only 8 gigs available.

I also checked bent pins on cpu, all fine. tested every ram slot one by one. all works.

when I installed all ram together ( 2x16, 2x8) that supposed to be 48 gb. system recognized all of them ,(for instance in hardwareinfo), but also said that only 24 gb...
Hi all,

when I installed all ram together ( 2x16, 2x8) that supposed to be 48 gb. system recognized all of them ,(for instance in hardwareinfo), but also said that only 24 gb available.

why is it halves all the time? any ide please?
Try to uninstall amd chipset driver in control panel, reboot, update your mobo bios to the latest, go to bios after that and load optimized, then install the latest amd chipset driver and reboot. See if it working, also go to msconfig.msc then go to boot, checklist the maximum memory, and enter your memory size in maximum (ex. 32GB = 32x1024 = 32768), Press ok, and checklist make all boot settings permanent, apply, ok, and reboot. and see if it working.

Solution