MSI B450 Some usbs not working

InvaderIMD

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2015
Updated my PC's Mobo (MSI Gaming Pro Carbon ac) and CPU (Ryzen2600) the outer day and things going OK outer then Some, not all USB's are not working.

Those being the two 2.0 slots underneath the Ps/2 port, the 3.1A&C ports & 3.0 F.P connector on my Case.
I have a Razer firefly connected to the 2.0 slot which the Bios does not see & a port HDD connected to a 3.0 on my case N/A too (no power at all)

Ive done all drivers i can think Any help would be nice.
Things connected and working are a Keyboard and mice in the only two ports that work

Some Photos to help
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1REXMgjCWr5ZOmBY21lEpXAuWMI9_G74P

slingsrat

Honorable
May 31, 2016
So which two ports are working? You saying the two USB 2.0 slots don't work? That is pretty strange as the motherboard will have USB 2.0 drivers built in. You will have to install 2 sets of drivers for the other USB 3 slots to work, an ASmedia driver and an Intel driver should be on your motherboard disc.

InvaderIMD

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2015

yer in one of the photos it shows the IO in the bios the two slots that are Red are in use and connected the one my mouse mat is in should be connected but is not. ill see if i can find the USB drivers as i don't have a DVD drive.

Oct 8, 2018
Kid you not, I've had the same issue for a few weeks. I've been biding my time to see if anybody else had this issue. Same ports working and not working on my mobo as well. It might be time to reach out to MSI and see what's up? Have you had any success yet?

Oct 8, 2018

Yup. As far as I can tell, I have the most recent chipset drivers. I saw some buzz on an old thread that AMDs drivers are being overriden by Windows' generic drivers. I've yet to test that.

Update: found a thread deep in the MSI forums. It seemed there's a whole rash of issues happening. The common denominator is that the v1.1 bios are bugged somehow. So, here are the current steps to alleviate this issue, until a new BIOS emerges.

You can try those steps and see how its goes:

a. M-Flash
1. Flash BIOS with M-Flash
2. Completely power off the system for 5 mins
3. Check whether the USB port works again

b. LiveUpdate
1. Downgrade to first release of BIOS
2. Flash BIOS with LiveUpdate
3. Completely power off the system for 5 mins
4. Check whether the USB port works again