Question MSI-B450m Gaming Plus - Can't control RGB Fans

Jun 10, 2019
Hello everyone, I upgraded quite considerably last night.
I went from :
Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 rev. 6
Phenom II x6 1055T oc'd from 2.8 to 3.6 constant (boost off), all cores unlocked, aftermarket air cooler.
24gigs of assorted DDR3 ram at 1716 mhz (roughly)
Red Devil Rx 580 8GB
DIYPC Vanguard V8 RGB Case (UNKNOWN FANS AND RGB CONTROLLER)
Rosewill CAPSTONE 850w Modular 80+ Gold

Replaced MOBO, CPU, and RAM to:
MSI B450m Gaming Plus
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb GEIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4 3000

Now, I guess most of that info wasn't really needed, but I felt very proud of the upgrade, and had no problems posting changing it all at once which was surprising to me and wanted to share it with you guys. Anyway, my question here is this; The case I have seems to use generic fans, and controller (mounted opposite of the MOBO.) It included an additional wire to connect it to a mobo RGB header. The controller has an LED switch and no remote (very limited options,) a 2-choice fan speed button, and of course the 12v molex. With everything connected I can only seem to control the RGB with the LED switch. NONE of the RGB lighting software apps I've tried have worked. MSI Mystic Light shows my board, and shows that I can only select a few effects. When chosen, I try selecting a color and applying it, the JRGB1 and JRGB2 sections on the picture flash whatever color I'm trying, but nothing happens with fans RGBS.

MSI Gaming App doesn't show anything about LEDs
Mystic Light isn't working (as stated above)
And I know AuraSync isn't supposed to be compatible with my board, but it allows me to control the GEIL RGB RAM I installed.

If anyone could help, I'm just trying to figure out how to control my RGB fans with my MSI-B450m Gaming Plus.
Thanks to everyone in advance!!

Jun 10, 2019
Solved

After hours of countless trials and errors, I was reading reviews on Newegg, and I found 1, only 1 review; 1 person, that knew what to do. This memory controller requires the "physical button mode" to be turned off, by simply pressing and holding the button for a few seconds.

As soon as I did this, it switched to the profile I was trying to create on MSI Mystic Light, and I'm now able to control it! ... Now just to get everything sync'd (Fans thru Mystic Light, and DRAM thru Aura)

TRENDING THREADS