Question MSI B550M Pro AM4 Wifi Issue

zipspyder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Recently purchased this motherboard for a Ryzen 3800X I was given. Never used a Ryzen setup before but everything installed/setup fine and it came with the latest bios installed.

Maybe this is normal but I have PBO disabled and have c-states enabled but can't get the cpu in idle state. It remains at 30x multiplier and 3.85GHz but won't go lower even though the voltage drops to .50+ like it is trying to idle. I've seen it jump to 4.4GHz every now and then so it seems to be working as intended. This is on Win 10 pro, Windows, bios and cpuid says the same thing. HWmonitor shows cpu voltage/wattage goes down and the idle heat is acceptable for 3.8GHz. Is that normal or am I missing somethin g?

Recently purchased this motherboard for a Ryzen 3800X I was given. Never used a Ryzen setup before but everything installed/setup fine and it came with the latest bios installed.

Maybe this is normal but I have PBO disabled and have c-states enabled but can't get the cpu in idle state. It remains at 30x multiplier and 3.85GHz but won't go lower even though the voltage drops to .50+ like it is trying to idle. I've seen it jump to 4.4GHz every now and then so it seems to be working as intended. This is on Win 10 pro, Windows, bios and cpuid says the same thing. HWmonitor shows cpu voltage/wattage goes down and the idle heat is acceptable for 3.8GHz. Is that normal or am I missing somethin g?
Power options in Control panel, Minimum Processor state at 5% or less.
Also check if that's frequency on one core and CPU/core usage, idle in Windows is pretty stretchy and things may be running in the background. 1% or less usage is only true idle.

Reactions: zipspyder