[SOLVED] (MSI B85-G41 PC Mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2021
Hii,
yesterday I bought kingston nvme ssd card and Axagon ultra compact internal PCIe adapter. I bought adaper because my MB doesnt have nvme slot. I cloned my OS from old HHD to my new nvme ssd and I thought I can now boot my OS but in bios menu there was no option for my nvme ssd just my old HDD. So my question is can I boot OS from nvme ssd with PCIe adapter with my MB (MSI B85-G41 PC Mate) and does my motherboard support boot from PCIe?

Solution
Hii,
yesterday I bought kingston nvme ssd card and Axagon ultra compact internal PCIe adapter. I bought adaper because my MB doesnt have nvme slot. I cloned my OS from old HHD to my new nvme ssd and I thought I can now boot my OS but in bios menu there was no option for my nvme ssd just my old HDD. So my question is can I boot OS from nvme ssd with PCIe adapter with my MB (MSI B85-G41 PC Mate) and does my motherboard support boot from PCIe?
You cant boot with nvme on 8x chipset, only 9x chipset that naturally support that option, but i think i could mod the bios (not recommended, only tested on my rig and it worked).
Hii,
You cant boot with nvme on 8x chipset, only 9x chipset that naturally support that option, but i think i could mod the bios (not recommended, only tested on my rig and it worked).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk_Shariful
Solution
Anyways, here's the link:
Modded:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i2kbIIrrNkQlA9fV_x0mgEDATLJzJDuL/view?usp=sharing
Original:https://drive.google.com/file/d/16JsvGC18uCsFWrX1cIary0IrtfTs25WX/view?usp=sharing

It is recommended to clean install the drive, so delete/clean the nvme drive first.

Must turn CSM off (windows 8 whql mode or turn off any legacy option and set csm off), turn off fast boot, and sata mode on ahci.

Also unplug all the sata drive before installation, after installation and successfully boot to windows, shutdown and plug the storage back again, boot to bios and set the boot to your nvme drive ( it should be called Windows Boot Manager if windows is only installed on the nvme).

Avoid having 2 or more hdd/ssd that have windows as you cant guess which is the nvme boot drive

Do it at your own risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.