msi b85-g43 gaming sound problems conflict maybe???

silehapciucu

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Hi there guys !

I seem to have a problem with my MB, MSI B85-G43 Gaming, my onboard soundcard makes a strange sound like the speakers are crashing i cant really explain it (brr...brr..brr)...i have installed the realtek driver from the dvd that came with the MB, updated it, tried everything and still the sound is very crappy...sometimes when i reinstalled the driver, i put the realtek speakers as default in control panel and whenever i try to use a program which uses the soundcard it appears like i havent got a soundcard installed (something like "audio service is not running")and that windows troubleshooter pops up, i click fix the problem , it says the problem is fixed and then still doing the same...
I heard there could be a conflict with my video card or Cpu?
Can you please help me out a bit?

Solution
I had the same problem with this motherboard.
The audio worked, but suddenly stopped working.
When I enter the BIOS SETUP on the motherboard, the same accuses that the audio plug is not connected on the board. But is.
When the Windows starts the sound is coming out just strange noises, crashes.
The solution for me was to buy another sound card (External).
I will try to update the BIOS and see whats happen.
If audio don' works, i will send motherboard to MSI support.

Mr Davo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Make sure that you download the newest driver from the MSI site, and install it -

http://www.msi.com/support/mb/B85G43.html#down-driver

Assuming that the newest driver is installed, and that the problem persists, perhaps you could try some headphones or some other speakers and see if the problem persists. If your current speakers have a loose wire I think that Windows could get confused, and behave the way that you have explained.

silehapciucu

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Sadly the newest driver is installed and i`ve tried several headphones and sound systems...that wont do it...if u remember the old soundcards and the situation when u had the wrong driver installed and the sound was at like half at its power even if everything was at maximum and it started making strange sounds...thats what happens in my case
Anyways thanks for trying to help me out...

joaovidalce

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
I had the same problem with this motherboard.
The audio worked, but suddenly stopped working.
When I enter the BIOS SETUP on the motherboard, the same accuses that the audio plug is not connected on the board. But is.
When the Windows starts the sound is coming out just strange noises, crashes.
The solution for me was to buy another sound card (External).
I will try to update the BIOS and see whats happen.
If audio don' works, i will send motherboard to MSI support.

Solution