MSI Bazooka won't post - but there's power

ellford

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I'm putting a system together for my daughter WITHOUT a GPU right now (can't find one at the moment), but it should still post. It has power as the drives flash up and the optical drive will open, etc.

The MSI EZ Debug lights come on for a split second, going to CPU, then RAM, then it goes to VGA and sits there for about three seconds, then flashes to boot very quickly and then they all go off.

I have the monitor connected to the mother GPU DVI-D slot and it's constantly saying "no signal"

All my fans work, optical drives flash up, lights go on, able to open/shut optical drive, etc.

I've followed everything in this post: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I've shorted the CMOS and removed the battery, plugged it back in, etc.

Still no change.

Here's the components:

MSI Bazooka
2 x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2133 RAM sims
EVGA 650B3 PSU
Intel i5-6400
200G SSD
Asus Optical Drive

Am I mistaken that the CPU above will power the Bazooka's onboard GPU and at least post into BIOS?

I'm wondering if it's the RAM - I've checked the MSI page for RAM compatibility and mine is F4-2133C15D-16GVR and I can't see it on that page.

Thanks in advance for your input/ideas on this one.

ellford

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Any ideas?

I have an opportunity today to pick up a GTX 1060 card, but I'm hesitant to pick it up if there's a bigger problem with the board/ram/etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,