News MSI BIOS comes with a new 105W TDP option for the Ryzen 5 9600X and Ryzen 7 9700X — user results show 13% multi-core performance improvement

AMD is raising the power and Intel is lower theirs, very interesting :unsure:
Considering that leaks have Intel keeping the 125W TDP, which is based on all cores active at base clock speed, they haven't really reduced power at all. Remember that the 14900k has a max official boost of 253W but a 125W TDP. Now it is possible that Intel's peak power will be lower. On the other hand we know what peak power (PPT) for an AMD chip will be based on TDP. PPT = TDP * 1.35 so a 105W TDP has a 142W PPT and a 65W TDP has an 88W PPT.

Amdlova

Distinguished
I want see the x3d option how will it will fry with the cache. If they want put more energy on these to compete with old ryzen. Will be a kind of trouble to AMD explain to consumers the bad numbers because the trapped heat and lower clocks. The 7800x3d will be the king for long long Price/Performance/Time.

May 28, 2024
I want see the x3d option how will it will fry with the cache. If they want put more energy on these to compete with old ryzen. Will be a kind of trouble to AMD explain to consumers the bad numbers because the trapped heat and lower clocks. The 7800x3d will be the king for long long Price/Performance/Time.
That's what I'm wondering about too. I read elsewhere that AMD is working on some tricks with X3D. It was posited that one could be fixing the temp issues with the stacked cache. But that's just one idea on one article I read. But AMD did say they have some fun stuff coming for X3D. Can't wait for CES!

Reactions: artk2219

Latest posts