Question MSI click bios 5 freezes when changing settings

May 22, 2022
Hello all,
I have a well established system running a MSI z370 gaming pro carbon mother board, a intel i3-8350 still running stock clock. Bios version is ms.130. I was trying to change the settings for the windows 11 update and click bios 5 freezes. I reset cmos and it still freezes. There are no other issues with pc. After restarting and checking, anything I try and do in bios makes it freeze after a couple seconds. Any help would be great

Hello all,
I have a well established system running a MSI z370 gaming pro carbon mother board, a intel i3-8350 still running stock clock. Bios version is ms.130. I was trying to change the settings for the windows 11 update and click bios 5 freezes. I reset cmos and it still freezes. There are no other issues with pc. After restarting and checking, anything I try and do in bios makes it freeze after a couple seconds. Any help would be great
You could try to update to this bios (updated ME version to the latest 11.8 and microcode to the latest)

May 22, 2022
Thanks for the fast response. I'll have to check if that version is compatible. I would assume so since your running a setup almost like mine.
btw, how did you get the spec
list and your pic under your response?

Reactions: Koekieezz
Thanks for the fast response. I'll have to check if that version is compatible. I would assume so since your running a setup almost like mine.
btw, how did you get the spec
list and your pic under your response?
googled your motherboard, get the bios from msi web, and updated the ME version (it was outdated). Updated to ver 11.8.92.4222 (check it through your bios menu after you updated it). I've done numerous ME Update with msi board, even my own self is updated and could make my ram OC stable more (previously cant do tight timings with 1.4v but now i could).

The list of specs etc. you could edit it on your profile < signature.

Last edited:
May 22, 2022
Thanks for the reply, I am not seeing the same version numbers you have listed.
This is what is listed by msi as updates for my motherboard starting from initial updated version listed in my system info.
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.30, 3/8/2018
SMBIOS Version 2.8

UPDATES AVAILABLE-

Title Version Release Date File SizeAMI BIOS7B43v1A 2020-06-12 7.92 MB
  • Description:
    - Update Intel Micro code for security vulnerabilities
Title Version Release Date File SizeAMI BIOS7B43v19 2020-01-10 7.90 MB
  • Description:
    - Update Microcode. - Improved TPM function.
Title Version Release Date File SizeAMI BIOS7B43v18 2019-09-03 7.86 MB
  • Description:
    - Update RST driver to 17.5 - Update Microcode.
Title Version Release Date File SizeAMI BIOS7B43v17 2019-04-03 7.84 MB
  • Description:
    - Update RST driver to 17.2 - Update Microcode to support upcoming cpu.
Title Version Release Date File SizeAMI BIOS7B43v16 2018-11-25 7.69 MB
  • Description:
    - Improve memory compatibility. - Update Micro code - Enhance M2/Optane Genie function.
Title Version Release Date File SizeAMI BIOS7B43v15 2018-07-10 7.31 MB
  • Description:
    - Support the latest generation CPU. - Update Intel Micro code for security vulnerabilities
Title Version Release Date File Size

AMI BIOS7B43v14 2018-05-14 7.19 MB

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Jump to latest, I don't see any necessary updates flagged before continuing.

Not a fan of Click Bios, like any software it has its foibles and limits.

To set the bios for Win11, do so through bios, not click bios as TPM requirements are extremely strict, they are after all trusted platform module designed to prevent software or hardware cheats etc.

May 22, 2022
yes it will go into bios. But once i get there, click bios freezes with any action. Thus forcing a hard reset to boot normal. Otherwise no other issues with pc.
Ran a mem test just for <Mod Edit> and giggles and all passed fine.

Last edited by a moderator: