Question Msi drivers utility installer.

Ahsyed

Great
Aug 13, 2023
Hello

After 1st install of window I was greeted with this pop up... msi drivers utility installer. Do I install that? Or untick everything?

Thank you

Ahsyed

Great
Aug 13, 2023
More information needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and intended Windows OS information.

Where did you get Windows? Source?
I got the windows on Microsoft website on USB. Iso flash drive install. And used my old windows keys

Specs bellow.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (€399.00 @ Megekko)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler (€73.85 @ Megekko)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard (€199.90 @ Amazon Belgium)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (€110.85 @ Megekko)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€55.90 @ Azerty)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€94.89 @ Amazon Belgium)
Video Card: Asus TUF GAMING OC Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card (€849.00 @ Megekko)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case (€103.80 @ Azerty)
Power Supply: MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€139.00 @ Paradigit)
Total: €2026.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-22 03:12 CEST+0200

Ralston18

Titan
"msi drivers utility installer. Do I install that? Or untick everything?"

MSI wants to be able to install utilities.

What "everything"'s are listed?

Take a screenshot and post here using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Overall if the source is MSI directly then all should be well.

Take a closer look.

Simply to ensure that no crapware or other unnecessary apps/utilities are being installed.

Reactions: stonecarver

Ahsyed

Great
Aug 13, 2023

Ralston18

Titan
I would immediately skip:

Norton 360
MSI Wall paper

As for:

MSI Center
CPU-Z MSI Gaming
AIDA64 Extreme MSI Edition

Unless there is some specific requirement and benefit from being installed. Skip.

Very easy to google each presented utility option to learn more about what the utility is and what the utility does.

Start without them - if it is proven later that they are needed then install as warranted.

Likely not needed - but that is just me.

The choices to install or not can lead to lots of further discussions with various pros and cons.

Reactions: Ahsyed

Ahsyed

Great
Aug 13, 2023
I would immediately skip:

Norton 360
MSI Wall paper

As for:

MSI Center
CPU-Z MSI Gaming
AIDA64 Extreme MSI Edition

Unless there is some specific requirement and benefit from being installed. Skip.

Very easy to google each presented utility option to learn more about what the utility is and what the utility does.

Start without them - if it is proven later that they are needed then install as warranted.

Likely not needed - but that is just me.

The choices to install or not can lead to lots of further discussions with various pros and cons.
But do get rest of drivers on the list? Like amd chipset and realtalk?

Ahsyed

Great
Aug 13, 2023
Yes.

Download drivers as directly as possible - no third party utilities or installers.
i installed realtek ones , amd chipset and Amd gpu . deselected rest.

Can any of you help me with my tower fans tho? they are really really loud all the time , like plane , i think they are at 1400ish RMP , Not sure why. Its bios they are set to auto so should be regulating themselves no? they are plugged into System1 and sys2 pins. Case is Lian Li 216 No rgb