MSI Expected to Release LSI SandForce-based SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
This is great news; all of my MSI equipment over the years have had excellent overall build quality. I'd love to see MSI apply their manufacturing expertise to the SSD market.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
You forgot the box art, just look at that MSI quality.

Ez2YQ.jpg

a picture is usually worth a thousand words but this says only "MSI"

tell me if you see a trend with MSI and blown components
http://www.overclock.net/a/about-vrms-mosfets-motherboard-safety-with-high-tdp-processors

xiinc37

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012

Well, obviously those mosfets suck, but it's not like MSI made them. Of course they chose them in the first place...

SGTgimpy

Honorable
May 14, 2012
And from the picture above it looks like an old MSI KM4M VIA chipset motherboard from 2003-2004 time frame in which was not just an MSI issue but an industry issue with using cheap Chinese components like compactors and mosfets that effected every board manufacture including ASUS, Giga-Byte, A-bit, ECS, and many more. A picture can speak a thousand words, but if the words the picture is speaking is BS then again it is just a pretty picture.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]This is great news; all of my MSI equipment over the years have had excellent overall build quality. I'd love to see MSI apply their manufacturing expertise to the SSD market.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]You forgot the box art, just look at that MSI quality.a picture is usually worth a thousand words but this says only "MSI"tell me if you see a trend with MSI and blown components http://www.overclock.net/a/about-v [...] processors[/citation]
Just saying, my experience with MSI has been less than stellar. Bought a GTX 560-Ti Twin Frozr II and sent it back due to artifacting and driver crashes. After a bit of haggling, they sent me an NGTX570 and that died after a few months from bad memory. So bad, my Radeon 5830 was outperforming it, so I stuck with it and cut my losses because shipping was adding up. Not too pleased with my MSI motherboard either (P67A-G45).

G

Nice to see more companies entering into the SSD market, the more, the merrier and hopefully with more competition comes cheaper prices.

superp

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Yet another SandForce SSD, yeah... Yet, I understand why. SSD is coming to town, unless 2012 is the last year of man kind, otherwise, MSI feels must get on it with everyone else. It's like betting roulette, the more numbers, the more chance to be a winner (but still losing money).

Status
Not open for further replies.