Question MSI EZ Debug Boot Light on, no display

Mar 17, 2020
Built a new PC (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jFbkb8), and I have run into two main issues:
  1. The computer turns on just fine. The CPU and DRAM lights on the EZ Debug LED section of the motherboard don't turn on at all, then the VGA light turns on briefly before flicking off, and finally the BOOT light comes on and stays on. No idea what this means, as every answer I have found on here and elsewhere is different.
  2. There is no display. I am connecting to my monitor via a DVI-D connection. I am 100% sure the monitor and the cord work fine (tested with laptop), but the PC isn't being detected by the monitor or vice versa.
I have pulled the damn thing apart and reseated everything twice now to no avail.
I don't know what to do for either of these issues and I feel like I am about to pull my hair out. If anyone could give me some insight into this, I would be very grateful.

Reactions: Kingmickey
Mar 25, 2020
Built a new PC (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jFbkb8), and I have run into two main issues:
  1. The computer turns on just fine. The CPU and DRAM lights on the EZ Debug LED section of the motherboard don't turn on at all, then the VGA light turns on briefly before flicking off, and finally the BOOT light comes on and stays on. No idea what this means, as every answer I have found on here and elsewhere is different.
  2. There is no display. I am connecting to my monitor via a DVI-D connection. I am 100% sure the monitor and the cord work fine (tested with laptop), but the PC isn't being detected by the monitor or vice versa.
I have pulled the damn thing apart and reseated everything twice now to no avail.
I don't know what to do for either of these issues and I feel like I am about to pull my hair out. If anyone could give me some insight into this, I would be very grateful.

Did you every get your pc running I just did my first build and I’m in the same position as you My led for boot is on too

PC specs are :

CPU-AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

Mobo-MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX

Ram- RIP JAW 2x8GB 3200 DDR4

Graphic card- Radeon RX 590

Power supply- power specs 650w 80+ bronze

SSD- inland professional 256GB

Nov 3, 2020
Did you every get your pc running I just did my first build and I’m in the same position as you My led for boot is on too

PC specs are :

CPU-AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

Mobo-MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX

Ram- RIP JAW 2x8GB 3200 DDR4

Graphic card- Radeon RX 590

Power supply- power specs 650w 80+ bronze

SSD- inland professional 256GB
Did you ever get this problem sorted I’m in the same position as you!?

Nov 4, 2020
Did you build it by your own? Every one of those lights says something like
CPU debug led - cpu not detected or failed(faulty)
DRAM led - memory not detected etc.
VGA led - no output from gpu( incompatibility or fault)
BOOT led - no device detected for boot ( it could be your HDD or USB flash drive - where you've installed your OS or required OS files respectively.

That BOOT led you are having now means everything is fine except for BOOT device, it could be your HDD if you have pre-built and once booted system or else if you built you own pc and booting for very first time then get a USB flash drive with windows installed on it

TRENDING THREADS