MSI Gaming 5 motherboard

KUMBAS

Reputable
May 25, 2015
Will i be able to uses hyperthreading with this board, i thought it was a processor thing not a motherboard thing, because msi on there site says it doesn;t support it on this board.

Solution
It's your call, all any of us can do is offer our thoughts and experiences, as a builder I see a ton of different components and only suggest things I myself would use on a rig for myself

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

_________

Where did you see it doesn't support HT? Can you give us a link?

Regardless, it should, but I'd look to Asus for a mobo, the Z97-A are both great mobos

KUMBAS

Reputable
May 25, 2015
I think i also got a rebate with it and i should be getting it tomorrow or so, i think i will stick with it just to get this pc done dont want to wait for new parts, still seems pretty good.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

I think there they are talking about Hyper Transport. Above that item it shows CPU Hyper Threading and indicates that you need a CPU that supports it.

ON the MSI mobos, I used to use them and they became much more troublesome than it was worthwhile to build on. Their sales have been sliding for years, from a strong #3 in mobo sales to a still slipping distant 4th. In my systems business I get more problem calls on their mobos than any 2 other mobo makers combined