MSI Gaming AIOs Updated with GTX 900M Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovah-chan

Honorable
I think it's an absolute waste of money and resources. It's bringing the worst aspects of a laptop and a desktop and putting them together. It's not portable and it's not as powerful (or nearly as affordable) as its desktop counterparts components. It has no reason to exist as gamers are not going to be using the touch input either.

usertemp00

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Still 1080p on 27" screen on a presumably mid/high-end AIO. I don't get it. They've heard of 5k product of a certain company newly announced... I really don't get it....

anthony8989

Distinguished
Lol @ "Gaming AIO" .

And what's with the source of this information. You've just listed "Tom's Hardware US" with a link to tomshardware.com as the source. Tom's hardware invented this product and the information on it?

At least link the manufacturer's website you lazy man.

csbeer

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Bought one of these with a 860 Maxwell card. I don't want to get too negative but for the price, it was hard to justify it. The cooling solution was less than ideal, it would huff and puff when doing something as simple as updating windows. The screen was beautiful though. But at the end of the day it was a laptop bolted on to a large screen, if they would use desktop components instead of laptop components then maybe I'd give it another look. Ended up returning it for an Asus ROG beast and can't be more happy.

klink77

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm actually really interested in these. I live and work out of hotels year round. I already built a mini itx system that I carry with me as well as a 24 inch monitor and all the accessories(I don't fly, just drive from city to city). I really like my small form factor system, but it can be a real pain to drag around from hotel to hotel along with my work equipment and personal luggage.

I've been looking at laptops, and the price range for a good one is just off the charts, not to mention 17.3in max screen is TOO small for me. If they could aggressively have these gaming AIO at a lower price point, I would definitely consider it. It doesn't look like that's going to happen though.

Also, another reason I dislike laptop and this AIO design is GPU and CPU upgrade ability. In this day and age where building computers is simpler than its ever been, they need to start making laptops that can be fully upgraded and more modular. Sometimes building to sell more volume rather than high priced niche products will make you a lot more financially successful. Why haven't companies tried this more? It's very disappointing.

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I agree that every desktop replacement laptops should be upgradeable with its every single part if they are gonna be thick and heavy anyway. I guess that is so much to ask for...

Just look at mobile phones, even they are thinking to be modular and upgradeable too

Status
Not open for further replies.