MSI Gaming Components

Shrubbery

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
So I have the MSI Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard and was reading the product page and MSI claims that you get a performance boost when using an MSI GPU with an MSI mobo. My question is does anyone know how much of a difference this actually makes? I plan to upgrade to a GTX880 when they are released and am trying to decide now which model I will actually get. It's between the EVGA GTX 880 SC ACX cooler or the MSI GTX 880.

Solution
I think it's too far out to speculate as each company will run at different increased clock rates, which are not known yet.
I think msi means that thier gpu's are a preformance boost over reference models.
When they come out I would look for whichever one comes clocked higher. I have an evga gtx 780 sc acx on the same motherboard, and it gets me ~90-100 fps in bf4 on ultra

MFBLO96

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
I think it's too far out to speculate as each company will run at different increased clock rates, which are not known yet.
I think msi means that thier gpu's are a preformance boost over reference models.
When they come out I would look for whichever one comes clocked higher. I have an evga gtx 780 sc acx on the same motherboard, and it gets me ~90-100 fps in bf4 on ultra

Solution