MSI GAMING MOBO 4 sticks of RAM problems.

DrWeirdfinger

Prominent
May 29, 2017
setup: AMD FX8350 processor
MSi 970 Gaming Motherboard- supports up to 32gb, 4 DIMM slots
RAM: New 32Gb G Skill Ripjaw 1866 kit
(4x8gb)
750w Power supply, GeForce 1050Ti
graphics card.
Win 10
-All RAM tests perfectly, and all 4 slots work. Just not in tandem
-It will only acknowledge 16GB when 2 sticks are in DIMM slots 1+2 or 2+4 or 1+3
And when I put all 4 sticks in, I get no beeps and a blank monitor.
The manual states that 2+4 are the dual channel slots, which I find more bizarre. Since I updated Bios last night and the biggest change is that Win10 is reading all 16gb now. I still can't get the computer to POST with 4 sticks. I had a similar problem recently, but I chalked it up to not having matching RAM at the time. I still have the same issues but with a new kit.
Should I try to clean the DIMM slots?
Bios has the option to Link/unlink or Auto the DRAM Timing. I've tried all 3 options before installing the other 16Gb, also to no avail. I'm lost and frustrated. Could it be firmware, hardware, or software? I've seen similar posts but usually the person's RAM sticks don't match or they didn't put them in the correct slots. There's hair all over my keyboard because I just pulled it all out

Solution
Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's how I did it. And My recommendation to others with a similar issue.
Updated Bios
Pulled out RAM and noticed a smudge of dirt on One of the sticks. wiped all the sticks off. Blew out the computer with more attention to DIMM slots
I noticed the 4 sticks in the kit have sequential serials. From slot 1 to 4 I inserted RAM lowest to highest. ( I think this was more coincidental in the result). I then noticed that even after I secured the ram, it hadn't seated all the way in on the side opposite of the locks. Upon pressing the Ram in left, right (clicking in), and then left again got them nice and secure. Pretty sure This was the culprit. SMH!
Once I was back up and running, I double-checked system properties...

DrWeirdfinger

Prominent
May 29, 2017
Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's how I did it. And My recommendation to others with a similar issue.
Updated Bios
Pulled out RAM and noticed a smudge of dirt on One of the sticks. wiped all the sticks off. Blew out the computer with more attention to DIMM slots
I noticed the 4 sticks in the kit have sequential serials. From slot 1 to 4 I inserted RAM lowest to highest. ( I think this was more coincidental in the result). I then noticed that even after I secured the ram, it hadn't seated all the way in on the side opposite of the locks. Upon pressing the Ram in left, right (clicking in), and then left again got them nice and secure. Pretty sure This was the culprit. SMH!
Once I was back up and running, I double-checked system properties and it said 32Gb (15.92 available). Went back into Bios and switched the timing from "auto" to "Link". Windows now acknowledges all my RAM and I can turn my PC on. Yay!
Now, it seems to be freezing about 5 minutes after boot up

Solution