[SOLVED] MSI Gaming X RX570 4GB does not show temperature readings

Fanax

Honorable
Apr 5, 2016
As title says, I own RX570 4GB and nor HWMonitor nor MSI Afterburner not showing temperatures. Reading is allways - 0'C. Tried flashing older GPU BIOS, reinstalling drivers and changing thermalpaste. Still with no luck. It must be hardware problem, coz I tried another RX570 from my parents computer it was reading temps just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
(Before anything, I'd like to apologize for my sketchy English, it's not my primary language)
As you said, it must be a hardware problem. Usually, a heat sensor is printed in your graphic card's circuit boards. You are looking for a thermistor, wich should basically look like a small ceramic ball (probably black) usually labeled TR-000, numbers vary depending on the model
Normally, you should have two Tin drops closeby the said thermistor. If you can't see any, your sensor isn't powered, therefore it's not well.. sensing. You can fix that by using a Tin wire, that you heat until it's liquid. I'm quite certain you know how electricity works, basically it's a missing link. If it's not one of the drops, you should notice a burn (it could...
Apr 16, 2020
(Before anything, I'd like to apologize for my sketchy English, it's not my primary language)
As you said, it must be a hardware problem. Usually, a heat sensor is printed in your graphic card's circuit boards. You are looking for a thermistor, wich should basically look like a small ceramic ball (probably black) usually labeled TR-000, numbers vary depending on the model
Normally, you should have two Tin drops closeby the said thermistor. If you can't see any, your sensor isn't powered, therefore it's not well.. sensing. You can fix that by using a Tin wire, that you heat until it's liquid. I'm quite certain you know how electricity works, basically it's a missing link. If it's not one of the drops, you should notice a burn (it could be litteraly everywhere on the circuit board)
If it's not that of a big deal, you can still use Tin to cover it up
I hope I could help, and equally hope I wasn't too incoherent :D

Solution