Question Msi ge62 6qf Ram upgrade problem

Apr 10, 2023
Hi there
I have a big problem with my Ram upgrade
I have a Msi ge62 6qf Laptop that has a 2 8gb 2133 rams.
Recently I decided to upgrade my RAM
So I bought 2 single rank 16gb 2666v samsung rams
After Installing new rams, laptop booted up for a few minutes and then started to Resetting and BSD and showing (your pc ran into problem)

After that
I entered to Advanced Bios Setup and under System Agent settings set maximum memory frequency to 2133 (as my old working rams)
Nothing changed and problem is still there

Under overcloking settings I've found a DIMM Profile related to Ram settings But I don't know how to set it for my new Rams.
Anyone can help?!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you make sure your laptop was updated to the latest BIOS version? As for your rams, can you please pass on images of what you're seeing on the stickered side of the ram sticks? Might also want to pass on the image for the stick of ram that came with your laptop.

Reactions: Sm3691
Apr 10, 2023

Did you make sure your laptop was updated to the latest BIOS version? As for your rams, can you please pass on images of what you're seeing on the stickered side of the ram sticks? Might also want to pass on the image for the stick of ram that came with your laptop.
Yes sure
Thank you for your answer
I'll be picturing both rams (old and new) right back

Bios is updated to the latest version (2018) as of the day
Cmos clearing and holding power for 1 minute was not effective till now.

Apr 10, 2023

I couldn't upload images here
https://files.fm/u/crsr6h2gh
I uploded them on a upload center

Black is new not working one,
Green is the old working.

Lutfij

Titan
If you were looking for a ram upgrade, you should've looked into a ram kit with 2 sticks of ram that came out of the box, i.,e sold as a kit off of brands like G.Skill or Crucial or Corsair. With that being said, maybe try and take an eraser and clean the gold contacts on the new sticks of ram and the wipe clean, then reseat them into you laptop one stick at a time to verify that each stick is at least in working order.

Cmos clearing and holding power for 1 minute was not effective till now.
You have to remove the battery for the laptop, then remove the sticks of ram and then press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain residual power in the laptop.