Question MSI GE76 Raider 12UE Laptop CPU goes Critical Temp

Feb 5, 2023
I saw in a youtube video that the MSI Raider has a high CPU temperature like high 80's in Celsius for running games so it said a cooler pad was mandatory. I got the cooler pad but I think my cpu may have still gone critical accord to Core Temp app I downloaded. This may have been before the cooler pad was added but I was getting BSOD a few times when there was no cooler pad no problems after cooler pad except it may have gone critical on temp. I check the tempererature and it bounces into mid 80's when I check one time. Again I'm worried the CPU is going to fry if three cores went critical temp. What do I do? Call the 1800 MSI tech support? Return it? I just bought the laptop two weeks ago.

Feb 5, 2023
I went ahead and ran prime95 stress test and core #1 within seconds went to 96 degrees Celsius critical temperature so I turned off the stress test and it BSOD in a matter of minutes. I read the MSI website it said to factory reset the computer so I did that and installed the drivers again but the GPU driver for this last week that came out geforce won't install. it keeps resetting after downloading then downloading again and again.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024
Any luck? I’m having similar issues with the GE77HX. High temps straight out of the box. I’m trying to replace the thermal paste but can’t get the heat sink off and don’t want to force it.

Did you ever find a solution?