[SOLVED] MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER pixelating screen.

Mar 4, 2020
I recently built my first PC. I have been using it without any major hiccups until now, but four days ago, I started getting freezes whilst playing graphics intensive game, such as GTA V. I can play for a couple of minutes (an hour if I'm lucky), but my screen will suddenly freeze and different coloured pixels will appear all over the screen. After a couple of seconds, the computer will shut down by itself and then restart. Usually, but not always, these coloured pixels will not be present upon restarting and the computer will function normally, until I run a graphics intensive game again.

This has occurred around 6 times in the past four days, and two of the times I was either browsing the internet, or just on my desktop with no programs running. One of the times, these coloured pixels actually got worse upon restarting and lines were all over the screen until I restarted the computer myself, where everything went back to 'normal'. This has not been an issue until two days ago. My CPU and GPU temperatures seem to be normal. I have changed hdmi cables to see if that was the issue, to no avail. The drivers are all up to date, as is windows. I believe windows completed an auto-update and then this issue started happening. I have also scanned my computer for viruses, but none are present.

I am unaware if this is something that other people have experienced before and I am just not doing the correct steps to fix it, but I have done some googling around, and it points to be a GPU hardware issue. I am asking here as a last resort before getting the GPU checked in-store.

Thanks in advance.

PC specs:

CPU - i7 9700k

GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 2070 super ventus oc

Motherboard - MSI z390 A-PRO

RAM - 16 GBs

Power Supply - Corsair RM650 80 PLUS GOLD