Question MSI GF63 laptop keybard is acting up

Jul 5, 2024
Hello everyone,

I've got an MSI GF63 11UC-616XTR. Out of nowhere, my keyboard has started to act up.

If I press the 2 key, sometimes the keys below are pressed:
3iJJAWp.png

If I press the . key, sometimes the keys below are pressed:

y1qwTLN.png

For example, when I press the 2 key, it always presses the b key as well. When I press the . key, it always presses ğ, z, l keys. (the keyboard in the screenshot is an English one, I use a Turkish-Q ISO layout).

Now, the weird thing is that this doesn't happen in BIOS. I've tried pressing these keys a bunch of times in the BIOS password setup screen and not once did they press these other keys. And sometimes like when I'm typing and pressing . right now, it doesn't act up as well, but it acts up often. (EDIT: this happens in BIOS as well, pressses random keys.)

Things I've tried:
- Resetting EC
- Removing the keyboard from device manager
- I have vacuumed the entire keyboard with a vacuum cleaner
- Prayed to the RNG gods for it to be resolved randomly

I don't know why it acts like this way, I believe it's a software issue as it doesn't happen in BIOS, could anyone help me please?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2024
Oh by the way, I think it's a software issue because my keyboard doesn't even have a Numpad but it presses the Numpad's 0 key, which is different from the original 0 key. (???)

Jul 5, 2024
I'm sorry, it doesn't only happen in the Windows but in the BIOS as well. So it's a hardware problem,is there anything that I can do to fix it?