Question MSI GS 65 laptop SSD problem?

babi1987

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
Hi
My MSI GS65 laptop has become slow suddenly after a random shutdown while booting a few weeks ago. Even though the machine was connected to the power outlet, while booting the screen flickered a few times; the laptop turned off. Later I found the battery was discharged. I fear that the SSD is damaged.
I ran Crystal Disk and found the following results. Please share your valuable thoughts.

Hi
My MSI GS65 laptop has become slow suddenly after a random shutdown while booting a few weeks ago. Even though the machine was connected to the power outlet, while booting the screen flickered a few times; the laptop turned off. Later I found the battery was discharged. I fear that the SSD is damaged.
I ran Crystal Disk and found the following results. Please share your valuable thoughts.
That doesn't say anything about disk's health.

USAFRet

Titan
I ran Magician and got this
Again, slightly off from the theoretical advertised numbers, but not hugely so.

Seq. Read 3000 MB/s
Seq. Write 1800 MB/s

Being 'below' the advertised numbers is the case with every storage device.

kgabris

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Hi!

I also had an MSI laptop, so I can share my experience. As I said before, they are very reliable, but are also sensitive to external power fluctuations. Running a backup power is not a good idea, since it is very high electricity bill. So I wouldn't tell that.

My own experience is that somehow limited, because in HU they are imported by a certain company. So probably they're also controlling the replacement part market. One of the key factor, is that used replacement parts are basically your only friends, which as I said elsewhere, were also my owl options. New parts, and refurbished, or classy, shiny replacement parts are largely unavailable, because as I said, the market is split in two, because of the importer, not the manufaturer. This is my experience. I think the dosage of the voltage, the flickering time, and also the blank turnoff is 80, maybe 85 percent repairable, but you have to leave it alone for a few days, because as I said, the importer actually acquired these used laptops from unknown sources, that is, I cannot tell you, because I'm not sure about it. But, My owl experience is that the MSI laptops are very sensitive to power fluctuations, so that's why you have to leave them for a while, before trying anything. You probably have a smartphone, no?

Also, I think you know MSI laptop area actually way better, and I think also taking into the consideration of the range, the price range of these machines, they are probably better off importing it from an italian source.

Knowing somehow these brandlines, I think it is not so bad. But, if you have this problem again, then you could just as well do the reboot, you were planning. css