MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB gpu usage

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017
Playing GTA V my gpu usage drops to 50 60% for 1ms and then goes for 98 99 % again (while driving) I have a I5 7500, Is this bottleneck?? Solution??

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

Only Skype in background. Drivers are updated and I already reinstall them

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

Nop, unfortunately that video doens't help me :( the fps was loocked at 60 but the microstutter still there, what should I try next mate?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can try and make a log,this might indicate what's wrong,but sometimes it shows things just as fine so can't make promises,

How to make a log,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost or DropBox,these i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with these.
Just make one until this happens like you described. Doesn't need to be several hours,but one will do most of the times,as long as that stutter is in there.
If you have fraps running when making the log will it add the fps as well.

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

Done, I play for 2min

you can download it from dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnu281cp39kcr67/HWiNFO_LOG_60370796.CSV?dl=0

Ty for your time mate :)

EDIT: LOOL wrong file dude, sry, this is the rigth file https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe7f6qu6ibucyya/HWiNFO_LOG_64095906.CSV?dl=0

Sry for that, my bad

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The thing that strikes me at first is that when you have the few dips in fps you have a 100% read activity on the hdd.Is this a hdd or ssd?

Other thing is that your ram is running at 2133mhz,are you using that speed? If not enable XMP in the bios/uefi.This is more a should you do thing,don't think it has anything to do with the problems.

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

I have hdd, I dont know if hdd is 100% read activity (how can I check?)
About ram, well they are 2400mhz I guess , https://www.pcdiga.com/gskill-ripjaws-v-ddr4-2400mhz-2x4gb-f4-2400c15d-8gvr , am I using only 2133mhz??

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

It says so in the log. Taskmanager=>performance tab should also show this.

Yes,it says so in the log. Like i said,enable XMP in the bios for better ram settings.

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

Well, not bad, enable XMP reduces the spikes by 50%, but what about the other 50, dude, ty very much for your help :) if you can try help me again to reduce the spikes to 0 I will appriciate it very much <3

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Just update previous post when having something to add,there's a button for that at the bottom of the post.Had to look a few times to see that you made a reaction as well.Was telling at first that bumping might get a thread closed and you don't want that.
Look at what you quote (post) and if something is wrong with a quote often one of these [/] is missing.Use the "update this" button to make it right.

To the question,can look at the boot tab in the task manager and see how many things can be disabled to see if you can reduce tasks performed. Close all other things than just the game you play.See if this helps.
Other thing might be getting an ssd,but i don't know if you have a budget for that.

I the log there was 100% usage of the hdd,can't say more ,just download the tool to look at it as i described.Can even check in that file you uploaded,see below.

37aet6S.png

this is just one seperate instance and has no immediate effect,but at some point later a few rows following each other give 100% and there at the same time are dips in the fps.

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

Did you have any idea to reduce the hdd usage?, Because I have 56 background process and 84 windows process, the pc is new I bought it 3 weeks ago... what should I disable. Ty for your time, one more time Vic 40 :)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

For the "red" you looked at the "process tab". I wouldn't mess with windows processes or even background processes if you don't know what they are for.