MSI GTX 1080 Ti DUKE is extremely cheap right now

Dippyllama

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2014
Hi guys,
Just found this card on newegg going for £586 on a black friday deal, which seems too be £100 cheaper than the cheapest Ti's right now. Is it worth it ? ive read some bits on it and its flaw seems to be the coil whine but if its better than the armor at £700, surely its an absolute steal. Just looking for any insight on whether the extra £150 - £200 ontop is worth it for a more mainstream card like the strix or something.
Here's the link if you wanna check it out
https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137142&ignorebbr=1

Cheers

Dippyllama

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2014
Thanks for the replys guys, I was gonna wait til after christmas to buy a whole new PC but i cant really turn my nose up at this deal so I'm gonna get it. How bad do you think the bottlenecking will be on my current PC ? - i7 920 OC to 3Ghz|6GB of 1600MHz RAM|X58A-UD3R mobo
I'm sure it will but will it be by so much that I wont really have any gains in FPS? (struggling with some games right now on my 580)

WildCard999

Titan
It's definitely going to struggle a bit but since your pretty close to buying a system I wouldn't stress about it too much. If you can overclock your 920 as far as it will safely go and then, depending on your monitor I would run games utilizing Nvidia DSR. What it does is render the game in a higher resolution then scale it back to your native res which can make the game look noticeably better.

DSR is in the Nvidia Control Panel, you'll need to check off the multipliers, apply the settings and then change the resolution in game.

Dippyllama

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2014

Would it do any damage to the card if it was bottlenecking for a few months?

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

No it won't hurt the card.