Question MSI GTX 1660 Ti Armor low fps and stuttering

R9390

Prominent
Mar 17, 2020
Hello,

Just recently bought a brand new MSI 1660 Ti Armor from ebuyer and immediately have issues with it, previously I used an old GTX 650 Ti graphics card and had no issues like this.

The problem is that when I play games I get constant 250-300fps in CSGO but if I move the mouse quickly to the right or lets say I am shooting at somebody it stutters and goes to 130-120 fps , the same is in fortnite and other games it holds to a normal fps but then there is huge drops and you can really feel it.

I have installed newest drivers available, I have also re-installed windows the issues continue , I am starting to think if the card could be faulty?

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU : MSI Nvidia GTX 1660-Ti Armor
SSD : 500gb
RAM : 16 GB Corsair Ram

Userbenchmark : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45998445 ( also showing a really bad benchmark for the gpu )

The whole PC build is less then a year old but I have not had these issues on older GTX 650 Ti

Any ideas or possible fixes please let me know I would really appreciate it

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous GPU's drivers before populating the GTX1660Ti in place of the GTX650Ti? You're also advised to manually install your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, after sourcing drivers from Nvidia's support site.

I have also re-installed windows the issues continue
On a side note, what BIOS version are you currently on? Version for Windows 10(not edition)? Did you recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

R9390

Prominent
Mar 17, 2020
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous GPU's drivers before populating the GTX1660Ti in place of the GTX650Ti? You're also advised to manually install your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, after sourcing drivers from Nvidia's support site.

I have also re-installed windows the issues continue
On a side note, what BIOS version are you currently on? Version for Windows 10(not edition)? Did you recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?
Hi,

Thanks for trying to help, Make and Model of PSU is Corsair CX 650W , I have not used the DDU to uninstall the previuos drivers just did it through device manager then with the NVdia installer, but I have re-installed the windows afterwards anyway so it was a clean windows install, I have installed the drivers manually.

BIOS Version : E7C02AMS.370 Build Date : 06/09/2020

psu age is about a year old.

R9390

Prominent
Mar 17, 2020
Hi all,

The issue was that I was using an x8 slot I believe , after changing it to the top one the issue is gone and PC performing at full speed , just letting you know in case anybody makes the same silly mistake :(

Reactions: rickypicky5