Question msi gtx 1660ti ventus xs 6gb oc not detected

Dec 8, 2022
msi gtx 1660ti ventus xs 6gb oc not detecting in 3rd gen intel motherboard but working on amd b450 motherboard
i checked my gpu in 4 different motherboard z87 delux, h61, z68 and b450, and also my frnd a320, this gpu is only working in b450 and a320 and not working in any intel mobo, idk why can anyone faced this kind of issue and have any solution then plzz reply, it will be very helpful

DavidM012

Distinguished
saw another thread like this yesterday working on amd but not intel board here no solution though maybe the pin/contacts in the mobo socket is the problem not clear 'insane incompatiblity' or something, maybe could try bios updates on your intel boards, inspect the cpu socket for misaligned pins, or contacts, or hard reset otherwise dunno too weird it should work so science should have a theory seeing this issue more and more lately they said.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You do realize that all boards need some sort of PSU to power them alongside the GPU. Please state the specs to all system's that you've tested the GPU in your thread's title. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

if all of the innards are the same, except for the motherboards, you can list them accordingly, narrow the specs list further.

My hunch, with what limited info you've provided, OP, is that the older boards lack UEFI BIOS.

DavidM012

Distinguished
also check your cpu socket(s) before trying to update a bios since doing so with duff contacts might not be the best idea although also be super careful because just touching it to look at it could bend the pins if they weren't already.

Dec 8, 2022
also check your cpu socket(s) before trying to update a bios since doing so with duff contacts might not be the best idea although also be super careful because just touching it to look at it could bend the pins if they weren't already.
other gpus working fine on intel mobos no issue, just this gpu is not working only working on amd mobo and i did update bios on every mobo to latest version but still no luck

DavidM012

Distinguished
z87 looks like it has uefi bios so dunno sorry all I can think of maybe the card is not properly aligned in the pci-e socket by a fraction say that because t'other day when my pc wouldn't start when I rebooted I just shut down and nudged the gpu and it started up again although it has been otherwise fine for years and I've seated it several times with no problems that simply defies my knowledge which is not vast but this is mysterious to me. Maybe a touch of gpu sag or something maybe the mobo and case are not perfectly aligned so my thoughts are perhaps a physical problem but investigating that could involve just diassembling the pc and making sure that it's perfectly aligned with the mobo standoffs and screwing it down firmly so everything is centered just because of maybe slight physical variations in the dimensions of the cards.

Reactions: JaduHunter