[SOLVED] MSI GTX 560 temperatures

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I have msi gtx 560 and no case fans, case is also pretty small but because of space i have to hold it on my teable and since i dont want to get my hand close to the insides i put the side panel back (i had it off for better temps) Now when its back i just want to know where do dangerous temps start and when should i be worried. Idle temps are 53-55C and After being in furmark at fullhd for a minute temps were 76C on 70% fans. Long story short at what temps should i be safe with that gpu

My rig
i7 870 base clock
Msi gtx 560
8gb ram
lc power 550w psu
And small pc case without fans inside.

Solution
76c in furmark is pretty good all things considered. I would not worry about GPU temps untill they go past 85c or so.

I would be a little more concerned about an LC power PSU with a relatively power hungry GPU.

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
its not on the long run, it was running a minute and temps are 76, if u understand what i want to say, and can you recommend me a cheaper mid tower case with fans inside,

yes, i understand. Thats perfectly normal for a stress test, specially for an older gpu. I recently got an r9 390 to play with and it quickly shoots up to 90c on furmark. Thats what furmark is designed to do.

I prefer cases that are minimal and focused on silence such as the NZXT H500 or the Be quiet! Silent base. They are focused more on silence so airflow is not so good, so it may not be for you. cooler master masterbox nr600 is also a good one, with better airflow than nzxt

deepcool cases such as the matrexx are good, and cheaper too…