MSI GTX 560 TI bottleneck

TheBadazzPanda

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
(i've used cpubenchmark.net and videocardbenchmark.net game-debate.com as hardware comparisons)
Hello,
recently i've wanted to build a pc that can handle modern games at roughly 30-40fps on med sets; so i've built this:
I've got an old xw6400 workstation from my brother,
with a Hewlett-Packard 0A04h motherboard; chipset: intel 5000x rev=12, southbridge: 6321ESB rev=09, LPCIO: SMSC, SCH5307-NS
threw 2x e5320 xeon's in it.
sprinkled 6gb(2x 2gb 667, 2x 1gb 667)FB-DIMM DDR2 of ram on it.(shows 667mhz ''quad channel'' in bios, 333mhz in windows)
Bought windows 7 professional x64 and upgraded to windows 10 x64.(all drivers updated, even bios)
Bought a 2nd hand still a bit shiny N560 GTX Ti 1GB DDR5 Twin Frozr II/Oc edition(gpu set as physx processor in nvidia control panel)
Got a kingston 120gb ssd with a write & read speed of 400mb/s, sadly.... my motherboard limited it to just ~190mb/s :(.
Made a RAID partition of 2x 250gb hdd's, those consist of a ~170mb/s read speed, •_•
Oh and i've got this PSU: Delta electronics inc. DPS-575AB A REV.
picture: http://snag.gy/uNpak.jpg
Ofcourse before i bought those couple of parts i have watched people with the identical hardware playing (per example) gta v on med-high settings with 30-40 fps.
and than there's me...playing this game on 35fps on the lowest settings or 25fps on those med-high settings.
Could someone, perhaps..please just answer, why the fucking shit....gta v or any other games run on my pc like it's a hd 7770.....

btw:
cpu is around 62?C while gaming, gpu is at 58?C while gaming on 80-90% and i use at almost every game ~4gb of my ram, i also use the razer cortex game booster which frees ~400mb game ram.

screenshots cpu-z, gpu-z, control panel, device manager, nvidia control panel, manage parked cpu's:
http://snag.gy/s3Biw.jpg
http://snag.gy/9F5Gg.jpg

my psu doesn't have 2x 6-pin cables, but only 1, so i used a molex 2x 4pin to 6-pin. maybe that could als be a problem

FurMark benchmark:

8% OC
Idle: 30?C
30 sec furmark 53?C
(900p burn in, 8x msaa, burn in, dynamic background~17fps)
60 sec furmark 62?C
90 sec furmark 68?C
105 sec furmark --?C = CRASH

Details: ‘’NVIDIA OpenGL Driver’’
The Appllication must close

Error code: 7
Would you like to visit
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3633 for help?

Solution

Those websites are good for a baseline however their benchmarks are completely not real world.

Games are not optimized to even use dual Xeons, and they are older Xeons, and they are only accessing one of them. The 560 is an older card but as Rainman mentioned probably the superstar of the group.

I'm sure that thing could run productivity software like nobodys business but its not a game machine.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I agree, without some sort of proof I call BS on those FPS numbers.... Theres no chance that system hits that.

TheBadazzPanda

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
are you talking about MY specs or something like: i3-2130 6gb ddr2 800mhz ram gtx 560/ti, because those specs are identical when you look at cpubenchmark.net and videocardbenchmark.net.
And also, when i play par example the witcher 3 i get 95% gpu usage and only 30% cpu usage, and at gta v usage 65% cpu and 50% gpu, 4gb ram both games

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Those websites are good for a baseline however their benchmarks are completely not real world.

Games are not optimized to even use dual Xeons, and they are older Xeons, and they are only accessing one of them. The 560 is an older card but as Rainman mentioned probably the superstar of the group.

I'm sure that thing could run productivity software like nobodys business but its not a game machine.

Solution

TheBadazzPanda

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

is it because it's old??
the cpu bus speed?
the ram speed?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Dual Xeons (which dames can't do anything with) , slow bus speed, older processors, slow ram speed, lower range GPU.

TheBadazzPanda

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

:\

TheBadazzPanda

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
ok, thank you all for your professional answers.
i shall save up some money for a new mobo and ddr3 & i3/i5 this time but i'l keep the 560 ti :D aaand my ssd.
It will be a while before i will make that money, because i am only 15 years old but i'l make it.
So in the end, it's because the slower ram speed per core, old drivers, slow ram speed, low psu voltage(?) and also that the motherboard doesn't see that the gpu is a god.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

The 560 is a good low range card, of course keep the SSD, but yeah everything else needs to go.

Yes the slow ram, dual processors which games can't utilize, the PSU is fine but not for gaming thats not causing your issues (but I wouldn't use it to build a new PC). The 560 is no god, but its newer and better than everything else there.