MSI gtx 960 gaming 4G fps problem

primogen

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
Hi. I've been using this card for 3 days and so far in battlefield 4 and dragon age inquisition i have sudden fps drops and stuttering. I just lowered battlefield 4 graphic quality to medium and the game still stutters and the fps drops to as low as 12 and its barely playable. i was using asus strix gtx 970 but it needs repairing so i started using this card. i also downloaded and installed the latest driver from nvidia and don't know what's the problem here so I wanted to ask you guys.
my cpu is i5 6600k fyi. also i didn't have any of these problems while using asus strix gtx 970

primogen

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
yes. i downloaded and installed the nvidia driver for gtx 960. but i installed it without uninstalling gtx 970 driver. should i uninstall the driver and install it again?

primogen

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
for some reason same problems has started to occur again even after i chose max. performance option for power management mode from nvidia control panel.........

primogen

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
i just used display driver uninstaller but it didnt work either. in battlefield 4 fps drops to as low as 20 and jumps back to 90 in high settings. and when there is action fps is always lower. also i havent had these issues in dota 2, company of heroes 2 and total war attila. i dont know whats the problem...

maximum performance in windows power settings was enabled too for your information. and none of the components of the pc is overclocked. and the temperature of the gpu never exceeded 70 °C