MSI GTX 97​0 Gaming G​eForce GPU or nvidia gpu?

netniuQ08

Reputable
May 28, 2015
which ones better? specifically the msi gtx 970 or an nvidia? (whichever one you know thats approximately 300$ like the msi)

Solution
I would go for the MSI GTX 970. The highest rated GPU brands are MSI, Asus, and Gigabyte. MSI is the best in my opinion because of their phenomenal cooling and their higher clock speed. NVIDIA has been known for having their chips not aligned correctly, or so I have heard....I might be wrong. But, MSI is the better choice.

MystoPigz

Reputable
May 14, 2015
I would go for the MSI GTX 970. The highest rated GPU brands are MSI, Asus, and Gigabyte. MSI is the best in my opinion because of their phenomenal cooling and their higher clock speed. NVIDIA has been known for having their chips not aligned correctly, or so I have heard....I might be wrong. But, MSI is the better choice.

Solution

Falkris

Reputable
May 24, 2014
Can you even buy a card from NVIDIA? That said I use EVGA, can't beat their customer support. For Asus I hear their customer support can be a little less then supportive. Not sure about MSI, used to love their mother boards.

Performance wise your looking at what 5 maybe 10% due to higher clocked speeds?

MystoPigz

Reputable
May 14, 2015

I though he just meant EVGA, because those graphics cards are I guess the most basic.

MystoPigz

Reputable
May 14, 2015

True. I would prefer MSI over Asus because the Asus graphics cards are a little louder for me, although this is different for everyone.

Samar kr

Reputable
May 10, 2015
Nvidia gives the hardware instructions to the manufacturers like MSI,Asus,Gigabyte and Zotac. GTX 970 is Nvidia's card only but MSI is it's seller. go for it.