MSI gtx 970 armor??

hernands

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Hi community. I´m planning to buy a gtx 970 next month and I want to get the best of my money so, the issue is I could get only a few editions in my country and I´d like to know which way to go (I'm a bit tight on budger, but I don't want to waste my money either):

- Asus gtx 970 strix: this is the "best" version I could find I think, but it costs more and it will take like a month to receive the shipping.

- Msi gtx 970 armor x2: It´s supposed to be worse than the Gaming edition right? Is cooling that different in both cards? I couldn´t find any benchmark comparison, and it's clocked speed is a bit lower than the Gaming. This one is a bit cheaper than the Asus (about 5%) and I can get it sooner.

- Zotac gtx 970 amp! Omega edition: this has 3 fans and it´s a bit larger than zotac's regular gtx 970, and it's also cheaper than both of the cards above, maybe only because "it's zotac" (I've heard Zotac's 970s are great though) but the shop that sells this one offers a bit less warranty than the others (maybe they don´t really trust zotac).

- Zotac gtx 970: This is zotac's "regular" edition with 2 fans. I don't know how well it works but it's the cheapest of them all (about 10-12% cheaper than the asus). Warranty is the same than the other Zotac I mentioned.

Which one do you guys recommend me? The MSI option is the most appealing to me, but I'm concerned about the cooling. Your help will be appreciated.

ZeusGamer

Admirable
When it comes to Nvidia graphics cards, I've always trusted EVGA. I've had MSI GTX 680 and that was a nightmare. My Asus 780ti was okay too. Problems started to occur here and there. But EVGA always gave me best results. Never had problems with my EVGA card since release day of GTX 980.

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
+ 1 to EVGA.If you can find that brand that's the company to buy from imo. top notch customer support too. Probably the best in the industry. Just got a EVGA GTX 970 and it stomps the 680 I had.

ZeusGamer

Admirable
Not only that, they have a stepup program that lasts 90 days after you register your product. Say you bought the GTX 970, but disappointed at the performance you're getting, you can use your stepup program and upgrade to a higher level card. You're just gonna have to pay for the difference between the two.

hernands

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

Sadly EVGA is very rarely found in my country, that´s why i didn't put it as an option. What would you recomend from the list I posted? Also customer service in the USA is not a factor for me, since I don´t live there. I have to trust the local store's RMA policy if something fails.