[SOLVED] MSI Gtx970 LE inconsistent performance

Stretchmatthew

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Since installing my msi gtx970 le 4gb, I have had less than stellar performance from that and my 3570k and 16gb ram with 750w power supply. Seems it runs good intermittently. Dayz at 70 fps when good but 15fps when I start pc next day. Scum and others are the same. I oc'd the card during a performance issue and the card crashed, I rebooted pc to great framerates. It's like it sticks in low power, and only uses max 40% power when gaming but chugs at 20fps or less.

Anyone know what can be causing it. When it works it's great, when it doesn't it sucks. Drivers are uup to date. Dpc latency is awesome. Please help!

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU? Did you uninstall the GPU drivers prior to removing and replacing older GPU with the GTX970 LE? Try uninstalling your current drivers and install drivers a revision older(not the latest). Also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Stretchmatthew

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Sorry, spec data:

I-5 3570k turbo enabled
GA B75M-HD3 mobo
16 gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram
256gb ssd
1t 7200rpm hdd
750w powersupply
Msi gtx 970 le 4gb
Running 1080p @ 60 hz
Logitech usb keyboard and mouse

Stretchmatthew

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
I have newest drivers, also a clean win 10 install. Seems if I shut downward cut power I get performance of quality, once shutdown and reboot the performance tanks c states disabled and dpc latency is great. I am leaning to a power supply issue as I get vrel gpu state with 30-40% power usage. I also used DDU to clear old driver info when updating drivers for gpu.