Question MSI H310M PRO-VDH Plus doesn't power up

Aug 6, 2020
I built a desktop PC with an i3 9100 and H310M PRO-VDH Plus. The PC doesn't power up, no fans, no LEDs, no activity. PSU and power switch were tested on another PC and are ok. I tried removing the ram but didn´t solve the issue. I also removed the CPU and all other components, I just kept the 24 pin and 8 pin power and CPU connectors but nothing happens. I returned the motherboard and get a brand new one. I tested it with just the power connectors (no other components) but, again, it didn't power up.

How can I test if the motherboard is ok? Should I see some debug LEDs when no components are installed (only power connectors)? Did I get two bricked motherboards in a row?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Aug 6, 2020
Is the CPU i3-9100, not 9100F ? Just for make sure.

Hi. Yes, the CPU is an i3-9100, not the F version. Anyway, I'm also trying to power up the motherboard without components, just with power connectors. I think the CPU debug LED should flash or something indicating that the CPU was not detected, however, there is no activity at all.

Aug 6, 2020
My bad. For the second motherboard, I didn't read the manual and I ended up trying to power it up using the wrong jumpers. I didn't make that mistake with the first one (I read the manual that time), so it was indeed defective. If you try to power up the mobo without components the debug LEDs show that the CPU cannot be detected.