Question MSI laptop screen gets dim and slightly flickers while not charging and occasionally while charging

Feb 16, 2019
Recently my laptop screen started getting very dim while unplugged to the point where I can barely see the screen. This is not an issue with windows power settings where it auto dims a little when unplugged. Manually adjusting the brightness has no effect, I can barely see my mouse when it's like this. This has to be a hardware issue because occasionally the screen will be the correct brightness when not plugged in. Unfortunately, I'm out of time to do an RMA, typical, especially when you spend $1500 so I need some help.

Oct 27, 2019
Hello, I have the same problem... It is exactly like you describe it. I have an MSI GP63 8RF. I just update from MSI DRIVER & APP CENTER the intel hd graphics driver. Apparently it is the problem. If the problem appears again, I will report here. Tell me if work for you.

Oct 27, 2019
Hello, I have the same problem... It is exactly like you describe it. I have an MSI GP63 8RF. I just update from MSI DRIVER & APP CENTER the intel hd graphics driver. Apparently it is the problem. If the problem appears again, I will report here. Tell me if work for you.

It works for some hours, but again it failed. I don't know what it's happening. I dont want to think that is a hardware issue.