[SOLVED] MSI MAG 490 TOMAHAWK CPU Power?

EricLane

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2013
At the top of the board is the CPU_PWR1 8-pin and CPU_PWR2 4-pin slots. My EVGA Supernova 750 G3 comes with two CPU cables. They both have a solid 8 pin and a split 4/4 pin end. Do I use both cables and just leave the one of the 4/4 pin plugs hanging? Or is the CPU_PWR2 supposed to be left empty for some reason?

I'm nervous about frying something and wanted advice before proceeding.

Solution
Yes, just leave one 4 pin hanging.....What CPU are you using? If it is a 10700K or lower then you only need to use the 8 pin CPU power cable though I am in the same boat and I used both the 4 pin and the 8 pin. I have the EVGA G3 850w PSU

The additional 4 pin power helps for overclocking on the 10900K but I just went ahead and installed all the CPU Power cables. Just be aware they can only go in one way so you should have no issues....
Yes, just leave one 4 pin hanging.....What CPU are you using? If it is a 10700K or lower then you only need to use the 8 pin CPU power cable though I am in the same boat and I used both the 4 pin and the 8 pin. I have the EVGA G3 850w PSU

The additional 4 pin power helps for overclocking on the 10900K but I just went ahead and installed all the CPU Power cables. Just be aware they can only go in one way so you should have no issues....

Solution

EricLane

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2013

I've got 10700k. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: vMax