Question msi mag b460 tomahawk-bricked bios help me

Mar 24, 2023
hello, I have a mag b460 tomahawk with a bricked bios after updating the bios after turning on it turns off for 1 second but I bought a ch341a and flashed the bios after flashing the bios it no longer blinked after 1 second but the image was black and the cpu LED was on
thanks for the answers help me

Mar 24, 2023
This programmer?

https://headendinfo.com/ch341a-programmer/#:~:text=CH341A Programmer is used to,between Flash IC and Laptop.

Are you trying to write code?

What is/was the original problem or objective forcing the bios update?

If you did not write the code then what code did you use and where did you get the code?

More information needed.

i got bricked mbo i flashing bios using yes ch341a after flash was black screen and light cpu led diod sorry for me bat en

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
If I understand your original post correctly the motherboard was bricked when you tried to update BIOS - correct?

Or were you attempting to repair/recover an already bricked motherboard?

In either case, did you write the code? If not where did you get the code?

The ch341a may not be relevant or necessary. What was the original reason for chosing to use the ch341a.

Do you have some reference procedure that you can post as a link?

= = = =

This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C81v1.2.pdf

[Do verify that I found the applicable User Guide.]

UEFI BIOS information and configuration is presented beginning on physically numbered Page 42

Were there any previous attempts to recover the motherboard by clearing CMOS, removing the battery, etc. per the motherboard's User Guide/Manual?

Mar 24, 2023
If I understand your original post correctly the motherboard was bricked when you tried to update BIOS - correct?

The ch341a may not be relevant or necessary. What was the original reason for chosing to use the ch341a.

= = = =

This motherboard?

UEFI BIOS information and configuration is presented beginning on physically numbered Page 42

Were there any previous attempts to recover the motherboard by clearing CMOS, removing the battery, etc. per the motherboard's User Guide/Manual?

yes attempting to repair recover an already bricked motherboard

Mar 24, 2023

= = = =

This motherboard?

mxic 25l12872f bios chip support ch341? can fix using ch341a

Ralston18

Titan
You have the physical ch341a - correct?

What programming software are you using? The programming software should be installed on your computer and configured as appropriate. Read the documentation before making any repair attempts.

As I understand the process the once the ch341a is connected between the bricked motherboard's IC chip and the computer hosting the programming software there is a step where the IC is detected.

If "mxic 25l12872f " is listed then you should be able to select that chip and proceed with the intended repair.

I googled "ch341a programmer software windows 10"

There are a number of "how to" videos to be found on the internet.

Some of the procedures may not work or may even be harmful if the procedure is either incorrect and/or not properly followed.

However, I am now going [full disclosure) outside of my comfort zone and cannot recommend or suggest any given video or procedure to reprogram the chip.

And will now defer to others who are able to provide more direct advice and suggestions.

I can suggest that you plan it all out very carefully and doublecheck everything to be done beforehand.

Mar 24, 2023
You have the physical ch341a - correct?

What programming software are you using? The programming software should be installed on your computer and configured as appropriate. Read the documentation before making any repair attempts.

As I understand the process the once the ch341a is connected between the bricked motherboard's IC chip and the computer hosting the programming software there is a step where the IC is detected.

If "mxic 25l12872f " is listed then you should be able to select that chip and proceed with the intended repair.

I googled "ch341a programmer software windows 10"

There are a number of "how to" videos to be found on the internet.

Some of the procedures may not work or may even be harmful if the procedure is either incorrect and/or not properly followed.

However, I am now going [full disclosure) outside of my comfort zone and cannot recommend or suggest any given video or procedure to reprogram the chip.

And will now defer to others who are able to provide more direct advice and suggestions.

I can suggest that you plan it all out very carefully and doublecheck everything to be done beforehand.
can be flashing on linux? and i use NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.10 but after flash was black screen and light on cpu led