MSI Makes Huge Entry into Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ares1214

Splendid
MSI FTW! They have been making massive steps in the right direction lately. Them and Asrock have been impressing me lately. Asus is charging a pretty penny for its boards, and Gigabyte is losing build quality in my experiences.

[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]MSI FTW! They have been making massive steps in the right direction lately. Them and Asrock have been impressing me lately. Asus is charging a pretty penny for its boards, and Gigabyte is losing build quality in my experiences.[/citation]

I agree with this statement completely. Only other thing I would say is Biostar has always served me well for a budget brand, they get kicked around a lot like msi, but offer compelling budget products.

The only ASUS board I've bought was a crosshair 1 for $240. Biggest piece o crap I've ever dealt with.

Thanks for the link, it is actually mildly entertaining. Can only watch LN2 smoke for so long though...

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Have been seriously considering an MSI mobo over Asus for my next build.. this article is only making things in my mind more complicated!

I love Asus to death but i am also a firm supporter of using products that do 95% of the performance for 75% of the price. Always support the underdog!

[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]Have been seriously considering an MSI mobo over Asus for my next build.. this article is only making things in my mind more complicated! I love Asus to death but i am also a firm supporter of using products that do 95% of the performance for 75% of the price. Always support the underdog![/citation]

I just made that transition from Asus to MSI. I had a high end asus board die on me and replaced it with a high end MSI board. On the Asus board I could only get to 3.9ghz on my x6 1090T, but on the MSI I can get to 4.3ghz. All good on my end. :)

coldtortilla

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
It is sad to see that the BIOS of a computer still looks like the most ancient pice of crap that actually survived, but that is all going to change with the new intel motherboards that include mouse support for the BIOS and possible a GUI, but I don't remember.

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
[citation][nom]coldTortilla[/nom]It is sad to see that the BIOS of a computer still looks like the most ancient pice of crap that actually survived, but that is all going to change with the new intel motherboards that include mouse support for the BIOS and possible a GUI, but I don't remember.[/citation]

They call that EFI, and speaking of which MSI was supposed to put out one last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS