[SOLVED] Msi mortar B550 WiFi doesn't detect GPU

Apr 2, 2021
This is my recently setup https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rTjYYg, I did find a graphic card with a decent price, so I bought one cheaper, the Asus Rx 560 4gb, but my motherboard (mortar b550 WiFi) doesn't detected the graphic card. The graphic fans spins some times on boot and the vga led is on. It's an incompatible problem?

Solution
Yes, the graphic card doesn't have the 6-pin power connector.
The card is property installed on slot.
And I tried on both slots and nothing.
I already updated the bios, and tried on other pc with a recent motherboard too, and it's the same. The graphic car is new, not used, maybe has an defect.
It's possible the card is DOA but that would be somewhat rare, although it could have been mishandled during shipping. If you have the option to test it in another system it may tell the tale.
This is my recently setup https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rTjYYg, I did find a graphic card with a decent price, so I bought one cheaper, the Asus Rx 560 4gb, but my motherboard (mortar b550 WiFi) doesn't detected the graphic card. The graphic fans spins some times on boot and the vga led is on. It's an incompatible problem?
  • Are you sure you have the Asus RX560-4G and not the Asus RX560-4G-Gaming? The Gaming version requires a 6-pin power connector and the other does not. Just double checking.
  • Did the motherboard slot-lock click into place when you installed the card indicating it's fully seated in the slot?
  • Did you install it in the top slot just under the m.2 heatsink?

Apr 2, 2021
  • Are you sure you have the Asus RX560-4G and not the Asus RX560-4G-Gaming? The Gaming version requires a 6-pin power connector and the other does not. Just double checking.
  • Did the motherboard slot-lock click into place when you installed the card indicating it's fully seated in the slot?
  • Did you install it in the top slot just under the m.2 heatsink?
I already updated the bios, and tried on other pc with a recent motherboard too, and it's the same. The graphic car is new, not used, maybe has an defect.

It's possible the card is DOA but that would be somewhat rare, although it could have been mishandled during shipping. If you have the option to test it in another system it may tell the tale.

Solution