[SOLVED] msi motherboard Not booting

Jan 6, 2021
Im trying to build a system for one of my friends and I've bought all used parts and they all seem to work to some extent but the motherboard is starting to have issues and im not sure whats happening with its.
Mother board: Msi a75a-g55
Cpu: Amd a6 3600
cpu cooler: Antec kuhler h2o 620
Ram: 2x2gb nanya
Psu: Evga 400w
ssd: Mushkin Source-II 120Gb

The problem:
I go to boot up the system and when there is ram in it does 2 short beeps and displays nothing meaning parity circuit failure ( im not sure what this is). when theres no ram its 3 long beeps meaning it failed at checking ram... obviously .
for a while it would throw a black screen with a b2 at the bottom right and thats all so i switched to the vga on the mobo and took out the gpu and it booted up just fine. it wouldnt boot with a gpu and i tried to update bios but my system turned off while it was updating and then started the beep codes. i have no clue what to do now or if theres anything i can do about it.
Any suggestions?

Edit- parity error is related to ram i believe but im not sure what it means and/or how i can fix it

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're going to have to include the make and model of the PSU as well as the age of the unit, as it's second hand. You will also need to be specific with the sticks of ram that you've got on your platform. For all intents and purposes, if you have two sticks that are identical, use them and ditch the rest. The way you've listed the rams, it's as if you're running 3 wheels on a car that needs 6, not joking there.

Also, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case: