Question MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC wifi antenna replacement

crumpet8

Honorable
Jan 5, 2018
I got this motherboard for my new pc build about a month ago, one of the main reasons I got it is because I need wifi. Unfortunately, it has very disappointing range. When it's really close to my router it gets perfect speeds, but when I have it anywhere far away or with obstacles in the way it's unbearably slow. I tried doing speed tests on my phone, tablet and old laptop multiple times in the same room as my new pc and they all got significantly faster speeds than it every time.
I think that if I get better antennas it should improve this, but the problem is I don't know much about antennas. I'm not sure what the specs of the antennas that came with the mobo are, or what I should look for in new ones.
Any help finding new antennas (or telling me if I'm wrong about what the problem is) is appreciated, thanks.

crumpet8

Honorable
Jan 5, 2018
I got this motherboard for my new pc build about a month ago, one of the main reasons I got it is because I need wifi. Unfortunately, it has very disappointing range. When it's really close to my router it gets perfect speeds, but when I have it anywhere far away or with obstacles in the way it's unbearably slow. I tried doing speed tests on my phone, tablet and old laptop multiple times in the same room as my pc and they all got significantly faster speeds than it every time.

I think that if I get better antennas it should improve this, but the problem is I don't know much about antennas. I'm not sure what the specs of the antennas that came with the mobo are, or what I should look for in new ones.

Any help finding new antennas (or telling me if I'm wrong about what the problem is) will be appreciated, thanks.