Question MSI Prestige 16 AI Studio versus Asus ProArt P16 ?

Aug 16, 2024
Hello,
I am buying a new laptop for mainly photo editing. The new Asus ProArt P16 with Ryzen AI HX 370 and
RTX 4060 tempted me a lot.

But while waiting for a price drop I caught an MSI Prestige 16 AI Studio with Core Ultra 9 185H and RTX 4070.

In any case performance it is obvious because of tdp values, and the CPU on the Asus is much better even with RTX 4060, but the thing is the Asus is 2600 euros and I ordered the MSI for 1500 euros (still have chance to cancel)

My biggest concern for MSI is (except for sponsored reviews) I just saw a few real user reviews. And second concern is the CPU since it's NPU is weak. So main questions are:

1) Has anyone had any experience with the MSI Prestight series?
2) is it worth to wait for new laptops with better npu s?
3) Would Core Ultra 9 185H be outdated quickly?

any other comments suggestions appreciated :)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2024
Why would you care about the NPU? Also why aren’t you looking at macs?
Actually I don't care about NPU. But to be honest the hype of AI and Npu making me feel like missing something, that is the main reason of the concern, couldn't close my ears to the hype :)
But concern not only about NPU but also About the MSI Prestige 16 ai series. Since they are really very few real user reviews I could find and a sudden price drop almost %50 aroused me some suspicion about the quality of the product.

Why not mac.. Many reasons but one of the the main reason is budget, my budget is around 2000€ and I can go only up to 18gb ram which is a much bigger concern for me than npu.

Actually I don't care about NPU. But to be honest the hype of AI and Npu making me feel like missing something, that is the main reason of the concern, couldn't close my ears to the hype :)
But concern not only about NPU but also About the MSI Prestige 16 ai series. Since they are really very few real user reviews I could find and a sudden price drop almost %50 aroused me some suspicion about the quality of the product.

Why not mac.. Many reasons but one of the the main reason is budget, my budget is around 2000€ and I can go only up to 18gb ram which is a much bigger concern for me than npu.
Have you not seen the refurbished store :) and you can edit 4K video on Mac with 8GB.

Wouldn’t really worry that much about price drops, you could always look at it as getting lucky with a sale. You can always return it if it’s abysmal.

Aug 16, 2024
Have you not seen the refurbished store :) and you can edit 4K video on Mac with 8GB.

Wouldn’t really worry that much about price drops, you could always look at it as getting lucky with a sale. You can always return it if it’s abysmal.
I am in Germany and refurbished store doesn't have many options and prices are not very low.
About ram I contacted to Skylum (I use their Luminar Neo extensively) and they suggested to get the higher ram laptop whether Mac or Windows.
You are right about sale, I am receiving Msi on Monday and have plenty of time to test.