[SOLVED] MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 build need help

Dec 29, 2021
Just purchased a new pc build ( my 2nd one) and I am struggling to get this all together.
I5 12600k
Rtx 3060ti
Msi pro Z690-A wifi DDR4
Samsung 980 1TB M.2 nvme
Corsair vengeance RGB pro 32gb 3200 DDR4
EVGA 750W PSU.

I am unsure on this mobo which 2 slots do I install the ram and which slot for the SSD. This is only my second build ever and first one was about 8 years ago so I have no idea about M.2 nvme SSD's for example. Any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Solution
Hi ZeroCh4nce (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

DimmA2 and DimmB2 are the correct RAM slots. (Page 14 In your MB manual)

Page 17 shows M.2 slot connection. Top connection first however any one should be recognized. Check in Bios that it is recognized and prioritized correctly.
That mobo has 4 m.2 slots, 1 being on CPU lanes, 3 being on chipset lanes, realistically any will work just fine under typical use, look up your motherboard on Newegg and check out the diagram, it shows you where the m.2 slots are. For ram just space out 1 slot, meaning if they were labeled 1-2-3-4, use 1 and 3, or 2 and 4, I usually use 2 and 4 to leave a little more room for your CPU cooler.

Dec 29, 2021
That mobo has 4 m.2 slots, 1 being on CPU lanes, 3 being on chipset lanes, realistically any will work just fine under typical use, look up your motherboard on Newegg and check out the diagram, it shows you where the m.2 slots are. For ram just space out 1 slot, meaning if they were labeled 1-2-3-4, use 1 and 3, or 2 and 4, I usually use 2 and 4 to leave a little more room for your CPU cooler.
Ok so as far as ram aslong as I space them 1 slot it doesn't matter correct. I'd like to do 2 and 4 just like you said for the extra room for cooler.

Dec 29, 2021
Hi ZeroCh4nce (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

DimmA2 and DimmB2 are the correct RAM slots. (Page 14 In your MB manual)

Page 17 shows M.2 slot connection. Top connection first however any one should be recognized. Check in Bios that it is recognized and prioritized correctly.
So for the SSD I should use the m.2 slot 1 ideally correct ? but any should work just might have to check bios to make sure its prioritized.