ellada.eine.mia

Commendable
Jan 29, 2018
My gpu crashed and since then im only able to boot through safe mode with the following results. Tried using the 2nd bios , same result. This happened using my hdmi port, never used the dvi one to test if it works since my monitor doesnt support it. I replaced it with an older one i found and confirmed its a gpu problem. I also did clean uninstall of any gpu drivers i might had, clean install of the proper amd ones, same. Is this fixable? first time i see a problem like that and it doesnt seem a nice one... Also it doesnt seem to be a heat problem since temps are bellow 70°C https://streamable.com/wzk1k

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
havent tried flashing bios cause i was told that only reflow or reballing would fix it and flashing bios would only make it worse

The artifacting and inability to take drivers suggests to me that the VRAM is dying. I'd be shocked if either a BIOS update or some time in the oven will fix it. If you choose to bake the GPU, you're not supposed to use an oven that will later be used for food because of the chemicals released.

In rare cases as I had GTX 960, had rarely video output and it would not install drivers (GPU Driver error 43?).
If you Installed drivers it would artifact or not run games at all.
But in my case installing rev 1.x instead of rev2. bios fixed.

I was trying to say in a different way, to try to do easy things, then harder ones.
(Example you would not start surgery on someone if you dont know if he has tumor).