MSI R9 390 driver issues

Jun 11, 2018
So about a couple weeks ago, my graphics card has been running into issues with games crashing once I join in them.
It says:
"A fatal error occurred in the graphics driver.

Code:38
Result:'Device removed, Reason:
DXGI_Error_Device_Hung:Graphics device stopped responding.
There might be an infinite loop in a GPU Program.'

I have tried new drivers, but that will just crash my game, but when I try old drivers it lags my game using up 100% of my CPU.

If anyone could help that would be awesome, thank you

Try this -

Download DDU and install.

Uninstall current video drivers.

Boot into Safe Mode.

Run DDU (and select AMD drivers; this should normally be selected automatically by DDU, but in case it doesn't select AMD drivers) to uninstall video drivers.

Computer should now reboot, and should reboot into Normal Mode. If it doesn't reboot into Normal Mode (boots again into Safe Mode) then set system to reboot back to Normal Mode and reboot.

Install latest video card drivers and reboot as required.

Done.

In the event there are still problems, do the above full procedure again only this time try an earlier version of the video drivers.

Before getting a new video/graphics card, try -

Remove and re-seat the card firmy

If still having problems then if possible test the card in another computer and/or try another card (borrow one if necessary from friend, neighbor etc) to verify that the original card is faulty

If original card is NOT faulty, then run the following command under an elevated command box (run under administrator privilege) - SFC /scannow. This will check system for faulty files and replace/repair them as necessary.

If original card IS faulty, then get another video/graphics card.