Question MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z RGB issue

Apr 14, 2019
When I boot my pc the RGB on the MSI Twin Frozr logo doesn't sync and just sets itself to a random colour. Is there any way to fix it myself, or should I return the card?

List FULL PC specs as well. So, is this only related to the RGB stuff on the card, or you are facing some other issue with your GPU as well ? How does the card perform while GAMING, or under heavy load ?

Can't you just change and adjust the RGB lightning via the MSI's software, or some other tool (MSI Mystic Light, MSI gaming app) ? I'm sure this can be done, unless there is some physical defect in the GPU itself, then the color pattern won't change, IMO.

Apr 14, 2019
Specs:

i9-9900K
G.Skill Trident Z 3200 32GB (2x 16GB)
MSI MPG z390 GAMING Pro Carbon AC
NZXT Kraken x62
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Performs pretty well with gaming, haven't overclocked anything yet though.
UserBenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16248476
Temps are good too, during the benchmark and while gaming it doesn't go higher than 56 degrees, and it idles at about 37 degrees.

Got another issue too, sometimes randomly the screen turns black and then goes on again, pretty sure it's not an issue with the monitor itself.

As far as the RGB issue goes, yes I can change it with Mystic light. But when I reboot my system, it doesn't go back to how I left it (only have this with the Twin Frozr logo RGB), however, it should just go back to how I left it.

You forgot to mention which power supply unit are you using with this GPU ? Though, I'm assuming it's a decent PSU, because your benchmark results seem okay.

Got another issue too, sometimes randomly the screen turns black and then goes on again, pretty sure it's not an issue with the monitor itself.

Have you checked the Monitor cables as well ? Just in case there is some loose connection ? Regarding your RGB issue, I'm not fully sure what might be causing the issue. Could also be related to the GPU itself, but I don't want to make any wild guess here.

I wouldn't bother much about the RGB LED stuff, if the card performs perfectly okay while GAMING. Have you tried contacting MSI's official SUPPORT team as well ? If this is a known issue with some select batches of cards, then they might have an answer, IMO.

Apr 14, 2019
I'm using the Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Watt Platinum. It's possible that it's an issue with the cables. I will try contacting MSI's support team. Thanks for the fast response!